2022 NHL Draft Day 1

GASabresIUFAN

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

If this goes through, we are seeing a beautiful tank. Announce your intentions early, and then execute.

So, unlike the Sabres, I guess their tank will be called 'smart' and above criticism since they are an 'original six'.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

So, unlike the Sabres, I guess their tank will be called 'smart' and above criticism since they are an 'original six'.

The Sabres' tank may have been criticized, but it was very, very effectively executed until the draft lottery.

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It's not a true tank if they don't deal Toews and Kane though.

Toews is cooked. Kane won't be enough to keep them up in the standings. But I think both get shipped before November.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

If it's a full on tank (Kane and Toews are gone) it will mirror the Sabres. They don't have a nice stash of high end prospects already stored up. It will take years for this draft and the next draft to see the fruits of their picks.

Darcy said it best. It will happen to Chicago.

3 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

If it's a full on tank (Kane and Toews are gone) it will mirror the Sabres. They don't have a nice stash of high end prospects already stored up. It will take years for this draft and the next draft to see the fruits of their picks.

Darcy said it best. It will happen to Chicago.

Three Stanley Cup Championships this century certainly eases that pain. They're overdue for some misery.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.