2022 NHL Draft Day 1

GASabresIUFAN

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Meghan who said that. She gave a shout out to Kim Pegula and Bills Mafia and said that the Sabres have had a good night and that the Bills were winning the Super Bowl this season.

It was her.  She's from Lincoln, ON (Niagara region) and rolls in the Mafia.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Meghan who said that. She gave a shout out to Kim Pegula and Bills Mafia and said that the Sabres have had a good night and that the Bills were winning the Super Bowl this season.

I’m a  Meghan fan now. 😊

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Can't believe Shane Wright fell all the way to #4. Seattle got really lucky.

Can't help feeling Adams had the ability to be the one involved in one of those cap clearing moves. Edmonton paid a hefty price to dump Kassian. The Toronto and Edmonton moves I would imagine mean the FA goalie market will be that much harder for us. If he doesn't get that done now, it'll be two years running and maybe a 3rd and 5th for Georgiev would have been a better plan. 

Winnipeg agreed with me on McGroarty (who has apparently been working with a figure skater so maybe the skating thing will be solved Skinner style) and I told you guys way back Lamoureux would go in the first. 

I don't hate our picks though and they definitely fit with what the plan seems to be, 

Seattle has had some pretty good results fall their way in the last two drafts considering they did not have 1OA pick either year.  Matty Beniers and Shane Wright are a couple of nice players for them to build with.  They should be pretty happy with the way the picks went first round.

Edited by Digger

Was expecting a D pick in 1st but maybe with the run and potential Johnson signing or trade still, Sabres feel they can wait til day 2 and didnt want to give up chance on skilled forwards.. will be interesting to see day 2 where they go.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Adams.thumb.png.3506b42a5137410462d0988b05e2ea9c.png

@Thorny

Hey, man, this one was for you.

I mean, I’m not sure I’d refer to Kevyn Adams as a good GM. 

To me, he’s always been so much more than that. Something of a personal mentor would be closer to the truth. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gilbert11 said:

Was Ostlund a reach?

I went back and looked at pre-draft rankings and mock drafts and Kulich seemed to average in the low 20s with Ostlund several positions later.

It was reported here that his consolidated draft ranking was 19.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.