2022 NHL Draft Day 1

GASabresIUFAN

I haven't seen much news yet, but thought we should have a thread for it.

I did notice that the Sabres are the only team with huge early draft capital.

Arizona has 3, 27, 32, 34, 36, 43, and 45.

Columbus has 6, 12 and 44

Minn has 19, 24, 47, and 56

Ana has 10, 22, 42, and 53

Sea has 4, 35, 49 and 61

Mon has 1, 26, 33, and 62

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

NYR trade Georgiev to the Avs for a 5th in 2022 and a 3rd in 2023.  

Letang re-signs with the Pens; 6 years $36.6.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/penguins-agree-to-terms-kris-letang-six-year-contract-extension/c-334842348

I guess Kuemper is going to test the FA waters.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That OTT-CHI trade somehow seems bad for both clubs ... unless the player is extending his contract with OTT.

RFA at the end of 22-23 season. 

Just can't see him signing anything but a short term bridge deal to get to UFA staus.

I really hope I never get to the point as a fan where I turn my nose up at a 24 year old 40 goal scorer who’s still under team control at the conclusion of his deal, at the cost of a pick that is a 50/50 toss up of even being an impact NHL player, in 5 years. 

Maybe if i could just re-start GM builder in 5 years and keep playing the video game for eternity after using alchemy to create a philosopher’s stone allowing me unlimited time on this planet. 

As for now, I’ll take a great young player for the price of a 1st when we have 3

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I really hope I never get to the point as a fan where I turn my nose up at a 24 year old 40 goal scorer who’s still under team control at the conclusion of his deal, at the cost of a pick that is a 50/50 toss up of even being an impact NHL player, in 5 years. 

Maybe if i could just re-start GM builder in 5 years and keep playing the video game for eternity after using alchemy to create a philosopher’s stone allowing me unlimited time on this planet. 

As for now, I’ll take a great young player for the price of a 1st when we have 3

I don’t understand the fascination with lottery tickets.  Gimme Debrincat.

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don't see anyone doing this. It seems like a poor trade on Chicago parts and on Ottawa's part it is a strange add considering what they have and where they are IMPO.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't see anyone doing this. It seems like a poor trade on Chicago parts and on Ottawa's part it is a strange add considering what they have and where they are IMPO.

I mean I get the risk w/DeBrincat like hey, he’s an RFA at the end so maybe he refuses to sign and they have to Reinhart him (so, what, get back the 1st and break even?), but in my estimation I cannot see that risk being close to as likely as the pick NOT turning out to be as good as DeBrincat, which imo has a high likelihood. 

There’s risk on both sides. But the opportunity cost of turning down a player that good if I’m Ottawa weighs way way higher on my mind, personally. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.