Senators Goalie Matt Murray says No to a Sabres Trade

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And your pinning that on the owner? 😂

Not the Bills loss. Sure they're competitive now, but again, enjoy the regular season and a playoff game or two. In the end, you're there to win a Championship and the Bills have not done so as of yet. They should have been in the Super Bowl last season but all things being Buffalo, the bed got ££££ upon again. The Sabres, while improvement looks like its on its way (after 11 of the worst seasons possible) have to show this season that it's no fluke. Yes, I blame the last decade entirely upon ownership of the Buffalo Sabres Hockey Club. You accept the grief and you also share in the rewards as an owner.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Chicago is getting ammo for a full on rebuild.

Ottawa is doing something.

and they have that new arena being built near downtown in LeBreton Flats. They need to get competitive to drive up ticket and box interest $$$$$!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

That used to be the Bills too.  Funny what winning can do.  
Not to worry, things will change soon for the Sabres 

I do not disagree.  But the Bills started winning right off the bat with a new regime, who then masterfully drafted and stud QB.  The Sabres are still basement dwellers. That is why our own draft picks are turning down a chance to make the squad left and right.  It is quite disturbing... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

I do not disagree.  But the Bills started winning right off the bat with a new regime, who then masterfully drafted and stud QB.  The Sabres are still basement dwellers. That is why our own draft picks are turning down a chance to make the squad left and right.  It is quite disturbing... 

Not exactly - they kind of lucked into the playoffs the 1st year and were 6-10 the 2nd year.  Took 3 years to be a "real" contender.  Of course, 3 years in KA's timeline now

44 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I mean this just isn't based in any factual evidence at all.

40 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Not exactly - they kind of lucked into the playoffs the 1st year and were 6-10 the 2nd year.  Took 3 years to be a "real" contender.  Of course, 3 years in KA's timeline now

The Bills were9-7 McDermott's first year, and needed help to get into the playoffs.  But what it proved was the coaching staff could win in the NFL without "their guys."  They didn't have to go through a multi-year rebuild to win.

It gave ownership confidence that, when given the opportunity to fully rebuild the roster, the team's leadership would deliver. 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Does anyone know where we can send him gift baskets as a thank you for not coming here?

It looks like the Sabres were doing g it as a favor to the Sens to move up in the draft since it looked like Murray and 7th for 1 of the Sabres 1st.

Moving from 16 to 7 would likely be the equivalent of a late first to send him here, with some retention.

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

It's all moot now that Ottawa traded for DeBrincat.

What's kind of hilarious is that Chicago fans are now also pissed at Matt Murray for not waiving his NMC.  If the Murray trade with Buffalo happened, there's no 7OA pick to trade for DeBrincat.

Any chance Buffalo makes a deal with Chicago now to get that 7OA pick along with an expensive contract in return for 16OA???

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

What's kind of hilarious is that Chicago fans are now also pissed at Matt Murray for not waiving his NMC.  If the Murray trade with Buffalo happened, there's no 7OA pick to trade for DeBrincat.

Any chance Buffalo makes a deal with Chicago now to get that 7OA pick along with an expensive contract in return for 16OA???

7 and Kane for 9, 28 and 41?

• dislike 2

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

ummmm what draft picks ??

2 hours ago, eman said:

Not the Bills loss. Sure they're competitive now, but again, enjoy the regular season and a playoff game or two. In the end, you're there to win a Championship and the Bills have not done so as of yet. They should have been in the Super Bowl last season but all things being Buffalo, the bed got ££££ upon again. The Sabres, while improvement looks like its on its way (after 11 of the worst seasons possible) have to show this season that it's no fluke. Yes, I blame the last decade entirely upon ownership of the Buffalo Sabres Hockey Club. You accept the grief and you also share in the rewards as an owner.

So what's your point? I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Checking notes to find.......one draft pick in 2017.

Fail Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So what's your point? I have no idea. 

The point being, I TOTALLY BLAME THE PEGULA's for the past decade of ineptitude of Sabres hockey. I don't care what they've done with the Bills. This is a Sabres blog and the team has gone 11 seasons of no playoffs and some of the worst teams in the history of this franchise that has alienated a fan base that deserved so much better. Yup, completley on team ownership. Hope that makes things clearer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eman said:

The point being, I TOTALLY BLAME THE PEGULA's for the past decade of ineptitude of Sabres hockey. I don't care what they've done with the Bills. This is a Sabres blog and the team has gone 11 seasons of no playoffs and some of the worst teams in the history of this franchise that has alienated a fan base that deserved so much better. Yup, completley on team ownership. Hope that makes things clearer.

Okay. They did bad for 11 years. What would you like then to do now? Fire Adams and Granato? Fire sale the players? Sell the team? Will that please you?

What are you going to do once the Sabres are good again? Why are you even here if the Sabres are so unbearable? Do you not watch the games? Do you get mad when they win?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.