What were you the most wrong about regarding a Sabres draft pick?

mjd1001

I did a thread a while back that showed that as of two or three years ago, the Sabres had more of their draft choices still playing in the NHL. They’ve missed on finding the high end talent and in their ability to put a team together but they’ve actually done better than most when it’s come to the draft. There are different reasons for some of the numbers but they haven’t been as inept as some believe.

As far as this thread goes,  I thought Paul Cyr was going to be a star.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Wait…. When did that green checkmark show up?  Was it always there and I just noticed it?

No. I think today?

I really don't remember it yesterday. I also don't remember what I ate yesterday. The whole selection bar has changed. I gave you the puke mouth only because I never remembered that. Ever.

Not sure if the puke mouth goes on your permanent record and you won't get in college or something. Those in the know please advise and I will remove it if it causes untold harm to the recipient.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

No. I think today?

I really don't remember it yesterday. I also don't remember what I ate yesterday. The whole selection bar has changed. I gave you the puke mouth only because I never remembered that. Ever.

Not sure if the puke mouth goes on your permanent record and you won't get in college or something. Those in the know please advise and I will remove it if it causes untold harm to the recipient.

And I threw you an eye roll …. Because … why not 😂

Trying to think this through, and I think I'm pretty good at not getting too excited about any one draft pick... There's too many unknowns.

On the other hand, I often get really excited about our young prospects after short sample sizes. I thought "The Twin Tylers" Myers/Ennis were going to lead this franchise back to cup contention. But they didn't.

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

I did a thread a while back that showed that as of two or three years ago, the Sabres had more of their draft choices still playing in the NHL. They’ve missed on finding the high end talent and in their ability to put a team together but they’ve actually done better than most when it’s come to the draft. There are different reasons for some of the numbers but they haven’t been as inept as some believe.

As far as this thread goes,  I thought Paul Cyr was going to be a star.

Ok, I was a really little kid at the time in the 1980s, so small I didn't really know much of what I was watching but I DID watch the Sabres before any other sport, and who I remember from the time was Mikael Andersson.  I'm not sure I'd say I was wrong about him because I didn't know much about hockey, but of all those mid-80s draft picks he was the one I thought/wanted to be a great player.  

Also as far as their overall drafting, it has been Bad for the Sabres, but if you are every board. go to wikipedia or hockey reference and look at the draft history of Arizona.  its like they were TRYING to draft poorly.  I cannot imagine a team would ever have a stretch as bad as Arizona has, for their entire history.

For anyone who thinks the Sabres draft poorly (and yes, the have) take a look at this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arizona_Coyotes_draft_picks

In the entire history of their draft, over 25 years now..they have 1 guy who scored 300 career goals (Danielle Briere, 26 years ago) and one guy who scored over 200 goals (Blake Wheeler, drafted almost 20 years ago)  No one else with even 200 career goals.

Edited by mjd1001

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Erik Rasmussen, I thought we were getting a steal because he was very hyped coming out of Minnesota. I thought he be a dynamic two way center. Instead we got meh. 

I forgot about him. Yea, I thought he was going to be good.

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, I was a really little kid at the time in the 1980s, so small I didn't really know much of what I was watching but I DID watch the Sabres before any other sport, and who I remember from the time was Mikael Andersson.  I'm not sure I'd say I was wrong about him because I didn't know much about hockey, but of all those mid-80s draft picks he was the one I thought/wanted to be a great player.  

Also as far as their overall drafting, it has been Bad for the Sabres, but if you are every board. go to wikipedia or hockey reference and look at the draft history of Arizona.  its like they were TRYING to draft poorly.  I cannot imagine a team would ever have a stretch as bad as Arizona has, for their entire history.

For anyone who thinks the Sabres draft poorly (and yes, the have) take a look at this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arizona_Coyotes_draft_picks

In the entire history of their draft, over 25 years now..they have 1 guy who scored 300 career goals (Danielle Briere, 26 years ago) and one guy who scored over 200 goals (Blake Wheeler, drafted almost 20 years ago)  No one else with even 200 career goals.

Him, too.(Mikael Anderson)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.