Sabres are linked to several players

inkman

5 hours ago, inkman said:

WTF does linked mean?  Are they sausage?  Are they square dancing?  This terminology makes my inner old guy fill with rage. 

First thing I thought of was Redlinkski's sausage and balogna in Broadway Market

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, jsb said:

First thing I thought of was Redlinkski's sausage and balogna in Broadway Market

Yeah I’m still squarely in the sausage camp. Speaking of, how do y’all say sausage.  I say saw-sidge but I hear people who aren’t native to Rochester say sah-sidge.  

33 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I’m still squarely in the sausage camp. Speaking of, how do y’all say sausage.  I say saw-sidge but I hear people who aren’t native to Rochester say sah-sidge.  

Calbasa

l lived a NFT Fillmore bus from the Broadway Market back in the day

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Suhzeech! 

Nah, I'm with you on sawsidge.

Folks round here love to call kielbasa "kielbas-ie". It hits the ear wrong and I hate it.

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

yeah - i think "linked" is almost always 100% agent-driven, and intended to pump up a client's market value.

Yeah, what better way to pump your clients value than being linked to the Buffalo “must overpay a UFA to come there” Sabres. 

Would love to know if Adams has feelers on Burakovsky. Insiders? 

6 hours ago, inkman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UHKB6nQrzM

edit: I don't know how to embed videos so you can see what they are beforehand. This one is a (I think) hilarious Bud Light commercial that relates to 'sausages'. That is all. 

Edited by Sakman
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MattPie said:

In computer science, a linker is a computer program that takes one or more object files generated by a compiler and combines them into one, executable program.

So the Sabres are combining into a team that can step up and execute. Easy.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Kristian said:

We’ve had enough “Ville” on this team.

No, I’m not making sense, no I don’t care, that’s how much I loathe Ville “I can play center, just not very well” Leino.

I prefer to look at this in a more balancing of the universe yin yang kind of way. We had one that was horrific, so why not one that plays like an allstar to balance things out? 

I heard this Mason Marchment thing in a few places. I personally would like it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ubkev said:

Folks round here love to call kielbasa "kielbas-ie". It hits the ear wrong and I hate it.

My older relatives said it that way.  They were Poles or children of Poles, so I tend to think it was accurate somehow.  Then again they pronounced the radio home of the Buffalo Sabres as Dubja Gee Arr.  So who knows.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Sakman said:

edit: I don't know how to embed videos so you can see what they are beforehand. This one is a (I think) hilarious Bud Light commercial that relates to 'sausages'. That is all. 

I just paste the YouTube link and it renders as the preview.  Your link: 

Maybe you have a setting somewhere set to tell links not to render?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Sakman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UHKB6nQrzM

Don't use the hyperlink button to try to embed it (nor any of the other buttons for that matter 😉 ).  Simply copy the web address of the video and then paste it into your post.  (Use the regular paste option, not the paste as plain text option.)  It'll show up as hypertext for a few seconds and then the video or Twitter post or whatever will embed into your post.

It's very easy once you don't try to embed it as a link.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I just paste the YouTube link and it renders as the preview.  Your link: 

Maybe you have a setting somewhere set to tell links not to render?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Don't use the hyperlink button to try to embed it (nor any of the other buttons for that matter 😉 ).  Simply copy the web address of the video and then paste it into your post.  (Use the regular paste option, not the paste as plain text option.)  It'll show up as hypertext for a few seconds and then the video or Twitter post or whatever will embed into your post.

It's very easy once you don't try to embed it as a link.

Thank you. Interestingly, I tried this first and just tried it again and no luck. All I get is a text version of it. For example here is what I get for a Sabres pre-draft preview video on YouTube: 

2022 NHL Draft Late-Round Sleepers | Sabres Draft Show - YouTube

I'm baffled. 

Interesting.  Not sure why it isn't working for the draft preview.

The video you'd tried posting earlier embedded in this post.

The draft preview video which was embedded in the Sabres website didn't want to embed here, probably because it seems the URL is directed to the page and not the video.  

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/2022-nhl-draft-preview-buffalo-sabres/c-334805380

Would guess you could get it to embed if you found it on YouTube.  (Don't have the time to look for it there to confirm that.  Sorry.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.