Kevyn Adams:A Man For All Seasons

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

What's his value? If he decides to stay in school doesn't he become a free agent after the college season? 

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If he walks I believe we get a 2nd round pick regardless.  

He becomes a UFA on August 15, 2023. The Sabres or any team that holds His Rights on that day, if He doesn’t sign will get the 62nd Pick in the 2024 Draft

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He becomes a UFA on August 15, 2023. The Sabres or any team that holds His Rights on that day, if He doesn’t sign will get the 62nd Pick in the 2024 Draft

Minor nitpick alert:

There are now 32 teams. He was drafted 31st overall. So wouldn’t it be the 63rd pick?

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Minor nitpick alert:

There are now 32 teams. He was drafted 31st overall. So wouldn’t it be the 63rd pick?

I read somewhere that it would be 62nd, as the original pick was 31st, sliding the SC Runner Up and SC Champions 2nd Round Picks back a slot to 63 and 64 as it based on the 2019 Draft Order. That being said The scenario You presented makes sense as well. Hopefully He signs and it’s a moot point. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I read somewhere that it would be 62nd, as the original pick was 31st, sliding the SC Runner Up and SC Champions 2nd Round Picks back a slot to 63 and 64 as it based on the 2019 Draft Order. That being said The scenario You presented makes sense as well. Hopefully He signs and it’s a moot point. 

So it's in KA's interest to either sign him now or trade him for a pick better than the 62nd or 63rd.   

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So it's in KA's interest to either sign him now or trade him for a pick better than the 62nd or 63rd.   

Agree.  I think that will be difficult to obtain because he’s not on an NHL roster next year and it is the same flight risk no matter who he is traded to.  They can just sign him for no spent assets next August. 

This signing would be a huge boon for what is now a glaring positional weakness in our pipeline. I'm not sure if it was Lance or Chad, but its been reported there is newfound optimism in him signing. The closing pitch may come next week at development camp, where his peers and overall vibes could tip the scale. I'm hopeful. 

1 minute ago, GrassValleyGreg said:

This signing would be a huge boon for what is now a glaring positional weakness in our pipeline. I'm not sure if it was Lance or Chad, but its been reported there is newfound optimism in him signing. The closing pitch may come next week at development camp, where his peers and overall vibes could tip the scale. I'm hopeful. 

I’m not sure I would call LHD a glaring weakness. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

I'm happy that they are still talking.  I think signing with the Sabres would be a smart move for Ryan Johnson.  Hopefully Adams can convince him that the Sabres organization is a great fit for him.

I think that’s part of the reason that Samuelsson, Power, Quinn and Peterka are going to be at Development Camp to be salesman for the Sabres. 

The ideal situation is for The Wild to convince Brock Faber to sign His ELC, so Johnson might be more enticed to do the same.

• Like (+1) 2

I like Johnson I hope he signs. Adams mentioned the meeting will be about honesty and clarity so I take it to mean  Adams hears what he wants and Johnson stay put or he doesn’t like what he hears and he moves Johnson this weekend as part of a bigger deal or for another prospect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The Sabres don’t seem to worry about what hand the defenseman are but he is left handed so whichever way you look at it, left handed defenseman aren’t close to a glaring weakness. 

Yes this is the point, which is why your distinction of LHD isn't really relevant and why I grouped our defensive prospects as more or less a single cohort (especially in discussing a player like RJ who can play both sides). 

13 hours ago, shrader said:

Minor nitpick alert:

I trust this guy more then the other source I used, it is the 2024 63rd Overall Pick as You mentioned 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.