Happy Independence Day 2022!

Zamboni

Happy Independence Day SabreSpacers! 

One of my favorite holidays!  Celebrating with friends & family our beloved Constitutional Republic.  Here's a brief explanation of the 4 Foundational Principles established by the Declaration of Independence that defines who we are as America.  The more you know....

• Thanks (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Truth, God, free enterprise, Texas. Irritates some folks.

Texas?

Did you mean to say taxxes?

Although, I think I do find Texas more irritating than taxxes.

Happy 4th, anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

In 1976, several families in my neighbourhood painted Revolutionary War-era cartoons on our garage doors.  In 4 years, I hope to paint my garage door with "Happy 250th, USA!"  I wonder if Amherst will be OK with it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Truth, God, free enterprise, Texas. Irritates some folks.

1. Depends on your perspective

2. Depends on your tolerance for story telling

3. is a red herring

4.  Wants to secede anyway.

None are part of what we celebrate today.

22 minutes ago, Weave said:

(In honour of the Emily Litella video.)

I don't understand why Texas wants to see seed.  Are all Texans unable to see seeds if they are too small?  Are their bird feeders not working?  Maybe they need new eyeglasses...

Happy Independence Day! The day we told the Brits that we wanted to not be their colony anymore. We had a couple scuffles and then eventually worked things out and are now great allies. 

A couple days ago was Canada Day where Canadians told the Brits, can we not be a colony and the Brits said sure with conditions. 

We are like the rebellious first child that Britain learned their parenting skills with and then Canada is the younger brother whom they used said knowledge on. 

Australia and New Zealand are the twins, Australia is a wild child whereas New Zealand is more cool and collected.

South Africa is the child with emotional problems that likely needs to see a therapist 

India/Pakistan/Etc were the exchange students Britain brought home and begrudgingly let go back to their old home…. Eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

India/Pakistan/Etc were the exchange students Britain brought home and begrudgingly let go back to their old home…. Eventually.

Let’s not sugar coat it.  India, Pakistan, etc were brought i to the family through forceful taking and only let go back home because mom and dad were left powerless to prevent it after WWII.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Weave said:

1. Depends on your perspective

2. Depends on your tolerance for story telling

3. is a red herring

None are part of what we celebrate today.

That was mainly a joke response, though I surmise I adhere to a different side of the political spectrum from you. On #2, I don't think there is reality sine glossa. Everyone interprets and everyone tells a story, even the folks who claim they are not telling a story. Happy 4th.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Let’s not sugar coat it.  India, Pakistan, etc were brought i to the family through forceful taking and only let go back home because mom and dad were left powerless to prevent it after WWII.

Let's not sugarcoat this either: Australia, New Zealand the U.S. and Canada were no different.

Mom and Dad have the kids still keeping them in a shack out on the back 40.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.