Pilut terminated his KHL contract

Buffalonill

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

He’s probably a very KA option for a 7/8 D next season.

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Think the Hawks would be interested in his rights as part of a package for Kane?

This is what I am looking at: trade fodder.

• Like (+1) 1

Except he's the anti-Risto:  Good skater, good puck mover, small size, not dumb as a brick.

It makes sense to use him as a trade chip.  He's a 2nd/3rd pair dman just coming into his own but he's a lefty on a left-heavy D corps.  He did pretty well playing the right side with a LH shot, but finding a situation where he can play his natural side may be the best spot for him.  I think he's a good player and if another team is looking for a puck moving LHD, we might be able to get something good back that fills one of the Sabres' needs.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Isn't there a WNBA player in prison in Russia for some made up drug smuggling charges ? 

I don't know whether that's made up.  No one--including her wife--has come out with the usual stuff that we'd hear if it were made up, like "she doesn't even use marijuana" or "Britney would never do that," etc.  On the other hand, I have complete distrust for USSR-lite, so there's that, too.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Isn't there a WNBA player in prison in Russia for some made up drug smuggling charges ? 

Brittney Griner is in prison in Russia on drug charges.  I honestly would not be surprised at all if she did in fact have some sort of marijuana on her, but quantity and seriousness of the situation is being grossly exaggerated in order to use the case for international political leverage and domestic PR.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Curt said:

Brittney Griner is in prison in Russia on drug charges.  I honestly would not be surprised at all if she did in fact have some sort of marijuana on her, but quantity and seriousness of the situation is being grossly exaggerated in order to use the case for international political leverage and domestic PR.

There has been speculation that eventually she will be exchanged for a notorious Russian arms dealer. Like you, I wouldn't be surprised if she had a small amount of drugs with her. But this was a staged arrest with the higher authorities involved in this hostage taking. The end result of this hostage taking is going to be no foreign players in any sport are going to play in Russia. Russia has become a mafia-like gangster government running a criminal operation. 

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Brittney-Griner-Russia-prisoner-exchange-merchant-17279763.php

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Pilut can become a UFA on December 30, 2022 when He turns 27. 

You sure about that?  Unless something changed with the MOU, pretty sure guys need to be 27 by June 30 to become a UFA with the next league year.  Even those that RFAs that weren't playing.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You sure about that?  Unless something changed with the MOU, pretty sure guys need to be 27 by June 30 to become a UFA with the next league year.  Even those that RFAs that weren't playing.

That makes more sense, Cap Friendly has Him listed as a UFA on His 27th Birthday 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.