Overused cliche about to become true

Swordsman

As in "it's Miller time..."in Buffalo.

I'm not saying that the AHL is equal to the NHL in any way, shape or form but after the season that Ryan Miller has had, and watching him first-hand in the All-Star game, the kid has really grown in poise and self-confidence. He looks more steady and in control and has me looking forward to whenever the Sabres get back on the ice. Having a more mature Miller replace the sad-sack Biron experiment is reason to be finally excited about the Buffalo goaltending situation. Add in some young new blood like Vanek and Pominville, along with the ever-improving Derek Roy, and it will hopefully jumpstart a somewhat lethargic line-up. At a minimum, it should push dead wood like Pyatt, Connolly and Satan out of jobs. We'll see.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I am going to play devil's advocate and point out that both Biron and Noronen did much the same thing that Miller's done (maybe better?). They were all-stars who put on goaltending clinics many a night in Rochester, yet neither one has done the same while in the big league. I'm hopeful when it comes to Miller as well, and I'm excited to see what he'll do, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well ive always been a fan of all three of them but Biron mostly because he plays our #1 for the most part. he's not the best but of the three he's the most experienced. the end of last season looks good on him. But its hard to say. id still start Biron and see if he can keep his game up. If not then Call miller up and LEAVE him up regardless of performances to get a few good games in instead of being raped by powerhouse teams on the odd night... its like Biron used him as a human shield or something. he didn't want to look bad and get destroyed in those games against tough teams so he gave them to Miller.

or maybe its one huge concipricy

Archived