Bold Sabres Prediction for the 2022-23 Season

Doohickie

Just now, mjd1001 said:

To trade up to #3, I think the Sabres would have to package all 3 of their 1st rounders...and that may/may not be enough even.

That is what I thought.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

To trade up to #3, I think the Sabres would have to package all 3 of their 1st rounders...and that may/may not be enough even.

Or add a player and other picks.  Have to find the buyer though.  Lots of moving pieces, 

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

Or add a player and other picks.  Have to find the buyer though.  Lots of moving pieces, 

It is possible, but adding another player....you have to remember anyone picking at #3 is thinking they have a shot at someone who will be a franchise player...or in a weaker draft at #3 at least someone who could be a star.  Give them a 'younger' guy from your team/system that has potential, and they still may not want that. When they draft someone at #3, they are in control of their development from day one.  They don't have to worry about 'mistakes' other teams made in development or bad habits they picked up a few years after the draft.  

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but with few exceptions...guys like Mitts, Cozens, etc....have more value to the team that already spent years developing them than they would to a new team.

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

Nah I'm going with bold prediction, not naked fantasy.

Devon Levi had 10 shutouts and 9 1-goal-against games in 32 matches.

I don’t think it’s as much of a fantasy as some of the other posts on this thread.

😜

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Devon Levi had 10 shutouts and 9 1-goal-against games in 32 matches.

In Hockey East, not the NHL!.  I'm salivating enough over the kid wearing blue and gold.  Let's not get ridiculous expectations!

Dahlin tops 70 points

Power, JJP, and Quinn all land top 5 for Calder votes

Cozens tops 60 points

Sabres miss the players by 2 points, but instead of a loser mentality setting in, it fuels them to greater heights as Okposo is brought back on a 1 year contract to continue being captain and the 2023 is a wildly successful season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin tops 70 points

Cozens tops 60 points

Sabres miss the players by 2 points, but instead of a loser mentality setting in, it fuels them to greater heights as Okposo is brought back on a 1 year contract to continue being captain and the 2023 is a wildly successful season.

They could miss qualifying for the US Open by a couple of strokes, so that's possible.  But they'll all still be busy in March so missing the Players Championship by a couple of strokes is pretty much impossible for any of them.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin tops 70 points

Cozens tops 60 points

I'm welling to bet buffalo will be bottom 5 in the league without a goaltender

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

They weren’t bottom 5 last year with pretty much the same goaltending (assuming KA brings in at least a Tokarski level tender)

Ok the monteral  Canadians went from the Stanley cup to the worst in the league 

It's not going to be the same next year people are going to have down years etc 

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Ok the monteral  Canadians went from the Stanley cup to the worst in the league 

It's not going to be the same next year people are going to have down years etc 

Yeah, but we are in a wildly different situation than the Canadiens. They lost their star goalie, 1D and 2nd and 3rd centers in last offseason. They already had overachieved, and it was clear they were going to regress (albeit that much was unexpected). We haven’t really lost anyone of large significance, and have a lot of young improving players. We’re trending up, and id be surprised if we were bottom 5 next year.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Yeah, but we are in a wildly different situation than the Canadiens. They lost their star goalie, 1D and 2nd and 3rd centers in last offseason. They already had overachieved, and it was clear they were going to regress (albeit that much was unexpected). We haven’t really lost anyone of large significance, and have a lot of young improving players. We’re trending up, and id be surprised if we were bottom 5 next year.

1st , 2nd line center? Suzuki played 82 games 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

1st , 2nd line center? Suzuki played 82 games 

I was referencing Kotkaniemi and Danault with the 2nd/3rd center comment. They also lost Toffoli though, and he was their leading point producer. Effectively they lost/were without 5 of their best 7 or so players from the year before. 

5 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

I was referencing Kotkaniemi and Danault with the 2nd/3rd center comment. They also lost Toffoli though, and he was their leading point producer. Effectively they lost/were without 5 of their best 7 or so players from the year before. 

But they replaced toffoli with Caufield and Danault with Nick Suzuki I would call that a upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

But they replaced toffoli with Caufield and Danault with Nick Suzuki I would call that a upgrade. 

Suzuki was already on the roster, and was the reason I said they lost their 2 and 3 Cs, I didn’t say they lost their 1C. And while Caufield may be better down the road, he had less goals and points this year than Toffoli did in the shortened season. (15 less games than Caufield) 

I also forgot to mention losing Tatar, one of their other best players.

29 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Suzuki was already on the roster, and was the reason I said they lost their 2 and 3 Cs, I didn’t say they lost their 1C. And while Caufield may be better down the road, he had less goals and points this year than Toffoli did in the shortened season. (15 less games than Caufield) 

I also forgot to mention losing Tatar, one of their other best players.

Chiarot was an important part of their playoff run, he played big minutes in a shutdown role.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.