Bold Sabres Prediction for the 2022-23 Season

Doohickie

The Sabres will win more games than they lose.

Anderson becomes special coach and all round good guy for Levi and UPL.

MAF !!

Power wins Calder.

Many forwards continue to progress nicely. Career years for many.

50 goals for Skinner. Half on the PP

85 points for Rasmus. Wins Norris.

Blah, blah, blah …

• Like (+1) 2

JJ makes the team out of training camp but is sent down about game 25 and doesn’t make it back up this season.

Dahlin leads the team in scoring.

TT leads the team in goals.

The Sabres use 5 goalies this season and UPL is up with the big team when the season ends.

Probably need to wait for the off season moves to happen. 

It’s one thing to say that individual players like Mitts and Cozens will break out, but without knowing the goaltending situation I can’t predict the teams performance.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Levi signs in March and has two shutouts…

…to start his NHL career, after pitching 25 in 38 college games.

He finishes with 8 after nearly dragging the Sabres on a late run into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

The Sabres will sign or trade for a surprisingly big name this summer — probably not Kane, PLD or MAF but someone of that caliber.  

And we will lose a significant younger player to obtain that big name.

1 hour ago, freester said:

I predict MAF. 2 years 22 million 

I like the MAF idea … it won’t take that much for him to sign here. Probably in the neighborhood of 8 to 9 per year. That’s if he’s even interested in joining a team where playoffs would be at the high end of expectation’s next season. If all he wants to do at this point is make a lot of money, the Sabres would be close to the top as far as what a team is willing to pay out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freester said:

I predict MAF. 2 years 22 million 

I don't think it will be that rich..... unless MAF demands it and will sign elsewhere without it.  I think it would be a good deal; it would make up for last season's debacle.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

…to start his NHL career, after pitching 25 in 38 college games.

He finishes with 8 after nearly dragging the Sabres on a late run into the playoffs.

Nah I'm going with bold prediction, not naked fantasy.

On 7/1/2022 at 6:54 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I shall make no bold predictions until I see who both goaltenders will be next season, except Casey Mittelstadt will lead the Sabres in points next season and Quinn will be the NHL ROY.

After his close to 2020-21, a strong preseason that had him on the first line, a whole bunch of us 'spacers predicted Mitts would lead the team in scoring last season. He'll be hard-pressed to do it this year if Thompson continues improving, but if Thompson does well and Mitts is part of a powerful second line, the Sabres could be extraordinarily feisty. (mumble something about and goaltending)

49 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

After his close to 2020-21, a strong preseason that had him on the first line, a whole bunch of us 'spacers predicted Mitts would lead the team in scoring last season. He'll be hard-pressed to do it this year if Thompson continues improving, but if Thompson does well and Mitts is part of a powerful second line, the Sabres could be extraordinarily feisty. (mumble something about and goaltending)

I went back and looked and was shocked by how close I got on Dahlin's numbers.  I said 45a and 52pts.  He has 40 and 53 instead.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.