TIL that there is a Latvian song called "Zemgus Girgensons"

Eleven

56 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I hope Zemgus and Kyle are both on the team the next time we make the playoffs.  They have been two of the bright spots in this dark, darker, darkest era.

I don't feel the same affection for Z. He works really hard I like, but he really lacks the hockey sense to finish plays. To me, he's a symbol of the many years of futility for the Sabres.

I'd be happier if they traded him for whatever picks they could get so they could free up roster space for a UFA. Also, Okposo could then get the C to himself which he probably deserved in the first place.

My kid who has nearly zero interest in sports of any kind LOVES that song (she loves kitsch and irony, of course). Whenever Zemgus scores, I send her a screenshot of the box score update from my Score app along with an egg emoji. She had looked up some translation of the lyrics back in the day (which I can no longer find), and there was something about "eggs in the basket, are you ready?" - an apparent reference to scoring goals?

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Is the "ugh" for the, um, song or the fact that it has almost half a billion views.

And I like hip hop.

Both.

I should have written - Ugh. That has almost half a billion views.

I like hip hop as well, but like anything else, there is good hip hop and there is bad hip hop., and that was a 4 minute 12 second cliche. She better save her money while she can.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.