What contract do you think is right for Victor Olofsson?

dudacek

What deal would you prefer that you think Victor Olofsson would take?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Olofsson contract

• Qualify him to keep his rights - then trade him and let another team figure it out.
    • 2 years, $5 million per - then decide whether to extend him or trade him next summer
    • 4 years, $4.5 million per - if he wants term, he’s going to have to take less AAV
    • 5 years, $5 million per - equal parts risk and show of faith from each side
    • 6 years, $6 million per - lock him up for his prime and it will pay off with multiple 30 goal seasons

57 minutes ago, tom webster said:

At any term, if the number is less then $6M, he will be a valuable, movable asset at his current level of production.

I suspect the team will be looking to sign a deal that won’t be hard to move.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I remember that being inferred. Was it ever confirmed? Some sort of abdominal injury (hernia)?

I like the player. He's good and useful. But I would not call his game heavy, nor would the word "jam" be used to characterize him when he's on the puck. And that's a deficiency. I looked at teams playing late into the playoffs, and I felt like they have role+ players comparable to Olofsson, who can also play with their hair on fire.

So, to me, he's more than a replacement value player, but short of being someone who's part of the team's long range plans.

The injury was to the shoulder area. Don Granato talked about the VO injury when he was on WGR last year. He noted that when he came back after being out with the injury he was told by the medical staff he wouldn't do additional damage to the injury. But he was still playing with pain. It wasn't until the end of the season when he was mostly free of pain and played without hesitation. If you recall, l in the last third of the season he got his scoring touch back and was playing a well-rounded game. My central point is that the injury was a factor in his less than impactful play. When he more fully recovered he was a contributing and positive player.  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Digger said:

Interesting to look back on the Poll now that Victor Olofsson signed. 

The leading vote was 4 years @ $4.5M.  Actual 2 years @ $4.75M.

8 had thought 2 @ $5, which is spot on in my book.  Congrats to them.

I thought 5 @ $5, which I still think would have been better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.