Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can someone explain the hashtag to me?  AFAIK, Robin Lehner is decidedly NOT "Vegas Born."

afaik

initialism

Alternative spelling of AFAIK.

As far as I know

And For All I Know

^

and yes, I had to look that up too  😂

Edited by Zamboni

52 minutes ago, Hank said:

Why?

Because the symbol of a countermovement borne from hatred for an initial movement dedicated to prevent the killing of innocent black people is probably not worthy of a hockey team's support.

But you knew that.

Anything more belongs in a politics thread.  Preferably on 4chan or truth social.

But you knew that, too.

Edited by Eleven
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I think the team will realize that it's probably not the best idea and the fans will likely help them realize it.

For the reason that Smell pointed out.

I certainly have no problem with a theme night honoring local law enforcement - the event should go forward. It was the merch that failed the ... well, just utterly failed. For reasons noted by @Eleven

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I certainly have no problem with a theme night honoring local law enforcement - the event should go forward. It was the merch that failed the ... well, just utterly failed. For reasons noted by @Eleven

The merchandise was terrible in it's own right, but the very idea of a law enforcement appreciation night in that arena is a huge problem in and of itself, IMO.  YMMV, of course.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Because the symbol of a countermovement borne from hatred for an initial movement dedicated to prevent the killing of innocent black people is probably not worthy of a hockey team's support.

But you knew that.

Anything more belongs in a politics thread.  Preferably on 4chan or truth social.

But you knew that, too 

Ha.... Innocent....

Anywhooo keep the night as planned. Law enforcement deal with some ***** on a nightly basis, let's show a little respect when we can. 

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ha.... Innocent....

Anywhooo keep the night as planned. Law enforcement deal with some ***** on a nightly basis, let's show a little respect when we can. 

None of that addresses the point. 

What happened to you, anyway?

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

None of that addresses the point. 

What happened to you, anyway?

The point of law enforcement appreciation night? It sure does, I'm all for it, irregardless of what happened near the arena. 

I along with multiple state troopers have been repeatedly assaulted by methheads all week. So that's what has happened to me, step into my world and maybe you'll adjust your thinking. Maybe not. But those guys (and gals) deal with the scum of humanity day in and day out, one night of appreciation at a hockey game isn't too much now is it. 

This world has forgotten the mantra that actions have consequences and its clearly showing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.