Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

On 9/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, Flashsabre said:

Apparently Kadri was rewarded for signing with the Flames by having Eakin and Milano as his linemates today.šŸ¤£

Eakin ended up in Calgary? I missed that. He might actually surprise and fit into a Sutter system. I wouldn't expect much, but it wouldn't really surprise me if he earned a role there.Ā 

I heard Zegras talking crap about Arizona on spitting chiclets the other day and then this happens last night

https://twitter.com/UKhoops1_BBN/status/1575327555325988871?s=20&t=ttelRyxPzt7Mh_Xr5_Pnng

Personally I love the hit and the fact there was probably some malice behind it for the disrespect Zegras showed.Ā 

Edit: Zegras was asked if he had the Yotes game circled on his calendar and he had replied ā€œno one has Arizona games circled on their calendarā€

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

2 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I heard Zegras talking crap about Arizona on spitting chiclets the other day and then this happens last night

https://twitter.com/UKhoops1_BBN/status/1575327555325988871?s=20&t=ttelRyxPzt7Mh_Xr5_Pnng

Personally I love the hit and the fact there was probably some malice behind it for the disrespect Zegras showed.Ā 

Ā 

Well thatā€™ll knock the off-season rust off a guy.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I bet Meatballs is just as compelling, but without all the curse words. I like DGā€™s style better in that way.Ā 

I'd make that switch instantly.

For one, Torts just talked about the radio on after a win. Nothing else matters. No apple slices after a good effort in this guy's world.

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You would trade out Granato for Tortella? Seriously?

I wouldn't.Ā  I think Torts could get results for a year or two but would, as he has on other teams, wear out his welcome.Ā  If they don't win and he's ruined the locker room you're looking at yet another rebuild.Ā  Torterella's method is not sustainable; I think Granato's is.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'd make that switch instantly.

For one, Torts just talked about the radio on after a win. Nothing else matters. No apple slices after a good effort in this guy's world.

Given the make-up of the Sabres now, I would not.Ā  He is the kind of coach I would want for a veteran team.

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Given the make-up of the Sabres now, I would not.Ā  He is the kind of coach I would want for a veteran team.

Yeah, should Granato eventually hit a wall w/ a veteran team, a guy who's style is more geared to a vet team becomes more viable (not necessarily Torts, but a guy who is less focused on development).Ā Ā 

Not a given that Granato will be ineffective with a vet team when the kids eventually become that.Ā  He seems to be a good coach for Okposo, Girgensons, Skinner, & Anderson.

4 hours ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Edit: Zegras was asked if he had the Yotes game circled on his calendar and he had replied ā€œno one has Arizona games circled on their calendarā€

That's a nice, clean, hard hit. Heads up chief.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.