Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

39 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting.  I guess it’s likely to be a later 1st, but still seems like a lot.  They must really like him. Maybe see him as a strong PP option moving forward.  Replacement for Klingberg.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Dallas isn't smart. They're the islanders of the west. 

Does seem like a lot.  I kind of expected it to say for a 2nd or 3rd.  Eyebrows raised when I saw 1st.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Dallas isn't smart. They're the islanders of the west. 

Why do you say that? Lundkvist is pretty good. He was drafted in the 1st round for a reason. The conditional 4th is whatever. So basically you're trading a protected 1st for a 1st round grade guy you believe can play for you immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

AAV 12.6 Million 

WOW!!

I suppose he is worth it for what he brings, but this is just crazy $ to play a game, as are all pro sport contracts.

Seems like just yesterday the Winnipeg Jets signed Bobby Hull to the first ever $1M contract.  That's $1M total.  I can't remember the length of the contract.  I think it was Hull and the Jets.

4 hours ago, MattPie said:

Still surprised Suban didn't catch on anywhere. Or maybe it just wasn't worth a minimal offer to get beat up for a year to him.

Probably had a certain salary he was shooting for, and if he didn’t get it he wants to start his 2nd career in media.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

AAV 12.6 Million 

Makes him the highest paid player in the league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.