Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sharks trade Adin Hill to Vegas for a 4th 

Considering the only healthy goalie they have is Logan Thompson, it's a decent pickup.  Seems to be even more of a Comrie can be a starter reach than Comrie was though.  When Brossoit returns they'll have 2 Comrie lottery tickets to find a starter.

Good signing by Dallas.  Make the young goalie play consistent over his first 4-5 years before throwing big money at him.   I bet Philly is glad they only gave Hart a bridge deal after he had two good years.  Goalies are weird and should be consistent over 4-5 years before getting any term contract or big money.

• Agree 1

Just now, sweetlou said:

Good signing by Dallas.  Make the young goalie play consistent over his first 4-5 years before throwing big money at him.   I bet Philly is glad they only gave Hart a bridge deal after he had two good years.  Goalies are weird and should be consistent over 4-5 years before getting any term contract or big money.

The Binnington deal comes to mind. Won them a Cup. Was just below average for 2 years with 2 poor playoffs, and then this regular season Husso outplayed him all year until the playoffs... and Cup-level Binnington reappeared. He was even fantastic against Colorado until he got Kadri'ed.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Wait.... wasn't he untouchable?

He’s got two years left on his ELC. The Rangers are probably looking for an NHL player on an ELC in return.  So that would be one of Mule, Power, Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, or Peterka.  I can’t imagine the Sabres are dealing one of those guys for him.  

9 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

He’s got two years left on his ELC. The Rangers are probably looking for an NHL player on an ELC in return.  So that would be one of Mule, Power, Krebs, Cozens, Quinn, or Peterka.  I can’t imagine the Sabres are dealing one of those guys for him.  

Mitts?

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Mitts?

I see no point in the Sabres making that deal, or trading for Nils Lunqvist at all really.  Sabres don’t need to spend assets for an offense first defenseman.

Its not a good fit.  I’d say Mittelstadt is more valuable to the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I see no point in the Sabres making that deal, or trading for Nils Lunqvist at all really.  Sabres don’t need to spend assets for an offense first defenseman.

I'm not Mittlestadt's greatest fan, but you are right on.

5 hours ago, Curt said:

I'd say that's fair, but what if you could get him for picks or prospects? If you could do that, he would make us a better team than we are. I'd certainly pick up the phone and ask the price. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.