Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

47 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

TIL (from article):

Kessel has appeared in 982 consecutive NHL contests, the longest active streak and seven games away from tying Keith Yandle's all-time record of 989. 

That’s pretty damned impressive.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  And apparently w/out any NMC/NTC.  So the contract should be relatively easy to move if necessary.

Modified 10 team NTC according to capfriendly. Not that it matters as I think Vegas would be in denial were they do hit the trade deadline significantly out of the playoff race. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Modified 10 team NTC according to capfriendly. Not that it matters as I think Vegas would be in denial were they do hit the trade deadline significantly out of the playoff race. 

As of this AM Puckapedia (former NHL Numbers) didn't have that listed.  (Thus the "apparently.")

🍺

Edited by Taro T

43 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I absolutely love the idea that this guy will be the NHL "Iron Man" for many many years. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4QjP4MlhASC4OJJYLI2f

So funny.  The idea of an iron man streak or record conjures thoughts of stoic determination by dedicated, hard working physical specimens.

Not a doughy, hot dog eating, eccentric, one way winger.

Love it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

TIL (from article):

Kessel has appeared in 982 consecutive NHL contests, the longest active streak and seven games away from tying Keith Yandle's all-time record of 989. 

982 contests, but he should only get credit for about 2/3 of that. Phil's 120' game on a 200' rink is amazing. Only time he is ever been below the dots in the defensive zone is when it's between periods and he has to go there in order to get to and from the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, irregularly irregular said:

982 contests, but he should only get credit for about 2/3 of that. Phil's 120' game on a 200' rink is amazing. Only time he is ever been below the dots in the defensive zone is when it's between periods and he has to go there in order to get to and from the locker room. 

You forgot face-offs.

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

Mike Babcock says he has retired from coaching. This past season he was the HC of the University of Saskatchewan. The Leafs are still paying him $6M plus this year so I guess he isn’t struggling financially.

I guess if wifey didn’t want to come to Buffalo, Saskatchewan was a firm…NO F***ING WAY!

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.