Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't like Monahan and I'm glad the Sabres weren't in on that deal.

Also:  the Kadri deal, like the Huberdeau contract, might ease the pain for Flames fans in the short terms but yeeeeeessshhh.  That's a lot of term for a 31-year-old.

What's the Kadri deal ??

On 8/17/2022 at 9:38 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Multiple cups.  That's all.

Who really cares if every pick since Crosby, Malkin, Fleury and *The Tang* has been a complete flop and bust ... multiple cups.  Not just cusps (hey there, @PASabreFan), but actual cups.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't like Monahan and I'm glad the Sabres weren't in on that deal.

A center making $6.5M with one year remaining, and a first-round pick, for what appears to be future considerations?  I'm rather upset that the Sabres were not in on that deal.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

A center making $6.5M with one year remaining, and a first-round pick, for what appears to be future considerations?  I'm rather upset that the Sabres were not in on that deal.  

Monahan could have said no to Buffalo. He would probably have you begging for Eakin back by Christmas time.

Edited by Flashsabre

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can very easily see Monahan having said no to coming to Buffalo.  Am sure that Adams let Treliving know he was interested in helping grease the skids for the Flames landing Kadri.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Habs may do OK on that deal, potentially moving him at the deadline for another asset.

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Sabres could have even made the trade, then bought him out.  The buyout is very manageable for Buffalo,

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Monahan could have said no to Buffalo. He would probably have you begging for Eakin back by Christmas time.

Monahan saying no is a different issue though.  

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Can very easily see Monahan having said no to coming to Buffalo.  Am sure that Adams let Treliving know he was interested in helping grease the skids for the Flames landing Kadri.

He better have.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe but a first in 2025, isn't that exciting to me. That player probably won't play until 2027.

I don’t understand this take.  No assets sent the other way.  From a fans perspective its a free pick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Maybe but a first in 2025, isn't that exciting to me. That player probably won't play until 2027.

True.  Didn’t know that it was 2025 when I wrote that.

Not sure how plausible it is for Sabres to set $4.25M on fire in exchange for a late 1st anyway.

18 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

If you think that then bet on the 2023 win totals.  The Vegas line for OTT,  NJ and Detroit are significantly better than Buffalo.  So they believe the hype.  Bet the over for the Sabres and under for NJ or Detroit.   The Devils were predicted to have 89 pts. last year and finished with 63.  This year they increased it to 91.  Seems like a lock for the under.  Sabres on the other hand we’re predicted to have 67 and exceeded that number.  Stands to reason they exceed this years target of 77.5. 

Anaheim Ducks 80.5

Arizona Coyotes 65.5

Boston Bruins 93.5

Buffalo Sabres 77.5

Calgary Flames 99.5

Carolina Hurricanes 102.5

Chicago Blackhawks 66.5

Colorado Avalanche 111.5

Columbus Blue Jackets 79.5

Dallas Stars 94.5

Detroit Red Wings 84.5

Edmonton Oilers 103.5

Florida Panthers 106.5

Los Angeles Kings 95.5

Minnesota Wild 100.5

Montreal Canadiens 71.5

Nashville Predators 96.5

New Jersey Devils 91.5

New York Islanders 94.5

New York Rangers 99.5

Ottawa Senators 86.5

Philadelphia Flyers 78.5

Pittsburgh Penguins 102.5

San Jose Sharks 76.5

Seattle Kraken 82.5

St. Louis Blues 95.5

Tampa Bay Lightning 103.5

Toronto Maple Leafs 106.5

Vancouver Canucks 92.5

Vegas Golden Knights 98.5

Washington Capitals 95.5

Winnipeg Jets 87.5

This is solid advice.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.