Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Im honestly shocked people are going to dislike the contract but they had to.

Try some punctuation and a few additional words for clarity...

I'm honestly shocked.

People are going to dislike the contract, but the Flames had to do it.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
more goodly ...

7 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Try some punctuation and a few additional words for clarity...

I'm honestly shocked.

People are going t0 dislike the contract, but the Flames had to do it.

We had mansplaining.  Now we have NSplaining.

• Haha (+1) 7

29 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Looks like Bergeron is re-signing with the Bs on a 2.5mil bargain deal.

He gets an extra 2.5mil if he plays 10+games this year. 

Good.

Even though he is a dastardly Bruin and I must hate him, I do appreciate what he brings to that team and the league.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Bergeron AND Krejci. Looks like the Bruins will have one more run in them after all. Taylor Hall probably really happy. So unless things go terribly wrong there forget about knocking them from the playoffs this year. 

They still have injury concerns with a bunch of their stars to start the year. They could be playing catch-up most of the season, and losing Cassidy will have some effects good or bad. 

Within the division this season:

Bergeron and Krejci are being paid less combined than Thompson and Mittelstadt this season. (Bold prediction: by the end of the season, that will be proven to be correct in terms of scoring output.) None of those 4 centers are on an ELC.

1st line? Bergeron and Thompson are being paid less combined than Charlie Coyle.

Top 2? Bergeron/Krejci and Thompson/Cozens combined are being paid less than any of Larkin, (and only outgain Copp by $170k), Barkov, Suzuki, Point, Stamkos, Matthews, or Tavares.

57 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Within the division this season:

Bergeron and Krejci are being paid less combined than Thompson and Mittelstadt this season. (Bold prediction: by the end of the season, that will be proven to be correct in terms of scoring output.) None of those 4 centers are on an ELC.

1st line? Bergeron and Thompson are being paid less combined than Charlie Coyle.

Top 2? Bergeron/Krejci and Thompson/Cozens combined are being paid less than any of Larkin, (and only outgain Copp by $170k), Barkov, Suzuki, Point, Stamkos, Matthews, or Tavares.

To be fair, they also do have some bonuses attached. I believe Boston has about 4.9 in eligible bonuses that are pretty attainable. They are currently over the cap, though LTIR will fix that. However, they won’t have cap left for bonuses, which is allowable (up to 7.5% of the cap), and the amount you go over is taken from next years cap space. 

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

To be fair, they also do have some bonuses attached. I believe Boston has about 4.9 in eligible bonuses that are pretty attainable. They are currently over the cap, though LTIR will fix that. However, they won’t have cap left for bonuses, which is allowable (up to 7.5% of the cap), and the amount you go over is taken from next years cap space. 

Yeah, they're all in on 1 last run and then a modest (or so they hope) tank the following year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.