Around the NHL: 2022 Off-season

That Aud Smell

34 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Was just listening to Adams on GR and he said something about working on a deal with a cap strapped team. Should know in the next ten days if that happens. at least I'm pretty sure that's what he said 

I'm going to be upset if we're not going to do anything to improve the roster 

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

It's highly possible. Montgomery is the other name being mentioned but Quinn is a leading candidate for sure. Don't think it has anything to do with Eichel but the brain trust does like the local connections. Neely is on record having said he would have drafted Eichel over McDavid. An old comment from their first season that gets resurrected each year the Bruins fail to win the cup. But who knows, maybe Mungo still believes it. 

Bruins fans are still miffed over the Sweeney extension and old wounds over not keeping Gorton way back when have been resurrected so the Quinn thing would be interesting. 

For those who ignore the Bruins totally, when Gorton was interim GM for Boston in 2006 he drafted Kessel, Lucic and Marchand, traded Raycroft for Rask, and signed Chara. Was then pushed back down to assistant GM when Chiarelli was hired and he was fired the next year and went over to NY. Gorton's 2006 draft is often contracted with Sweeney's 2015 disaster. Go figure how Boston stays good with management decisions like that. 

Quinn's a decent coach though. I suspect if they do hire him they are hoping he can elevate some of their younger players in contrast to how Cassidy would only go with veterans. 

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I wanted Fiala in a trade of Eichel but alas we didn't get him and it would have been nice if the Sabres offered the rights to Ryan Johnson and one of our 1sts for Fiala but have a feeling we didn't even look to try and get him. 

Given the choice I think I'm happier with Tuch.

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if Minnesota is interested in Ryan Johnson?

They would have the most views of him and they could use guys on their ELCs.

Maybe Dumba is available as a “cap casualty” and the Sabres do them a favour.

I would like to see Johnson sign and develop in Rochester but a top 4 RHD would be a nice add.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

I wonder if Minnesota is interested in Ryan Johnson?

They would have the most views of him and they could use guys on their ELCs.

Maybe Dumba is available as a “cap casualty” and the Sabres do them a favour.

I would like to see Johnson sign and develop in Rochester but a top 4 RHD would be a nice add.

Dumba's got a no movement clause of 10 teams, most likely we're on it. Yet it's a nice thought as I don't think Ryan's signing here because of Power/Dahlin. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.