Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Adams went out of His way to praise Nick Craven, who is the Amerks strength and conditioning coach and  the job he has done. Appert in an interview mentioned how he connected Craven with the lead trainer of the USNTDP who developed a training method for increasing lean muscle mass during the season. 

One takeaway from Adams interview was why he didn’t keep Chris Taylor in Rochester was that he wanted the coaching staff to stress development. Appert has done this by setting up a daily regimen for the prospects including time in the shooting room, weight room in addition to time on the ice.

This has lead to positive results with Quinn, Peterka, Kulich and Rosen. 

I think Rochester is the best place for Östlund. 

I know a few Amerks fans hate this attitude, but the team exists to feed talent to the Buffalo Sabres.

The results speak for themselves. I can’t imagine a better spot for Östlund than Rochester.

Neuchev, Novikov, Östlund, Nadeau and (unlikely, I know) Johnson joining Rosen, Kulich, Kozak would certainly have me renewing my AHLTV subscription.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Is Komarov AHL eligible in the fall?

He hasn’t been signed yet, but age-wise, no. He’s 10 days younger than Savoie.

Despite being Euro, I don’t believe he’s covered under the clause that allows Kulich to play because he was drafted out of the Q, not out of Russia.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

He hasn’t been signed yet, but age-wise, no. He’s 10 days younger than Savoie.

Despite being Euro, I don’t believe he’s covered under the clause that allows Kulich to play because he was drafted out of the Q, not out of Russia.

It depends on how he got to the CHL. Nylander drafted out of the CHL, but was eligible for the AHL the following season because he loaned to the CHL while under contract to a Swedish team.  

I went and looked at the Ramparts website and Komarov was taken in the 2021 import draft.  This means he was drafted out of the CHL and won’t be AHL eligible next season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I went and looked at the Ramparts website and Komarov was taken in the 2021 import draft.  This means he was drafted out of the CHL and won’t be AHL eligible next season.  

Bummer. I was thinking, incorrectly, he would be able to start working on his pro game next season. So without he or Johnson, they're still holding 0 defensemen on waivers-exempt ELCs next season unless Novikov signs.

Or.... Nyberg or Lyckasen, I suppose

44 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Bummer. I was thinking, incorrectly, he would be able to start working on his pro game next season. So without he or Johnson, they're still holding 0 defensemen on waivers-exempt ELCs next season unless Novikov signs.

Or.... Nyberg or Lyckasen, I suppose

Provided injuries to the top 6 aren't too long term, the ability to send guys down to Ra-cha-cha without clearing waivers is overrated because guys like Bryson and Clague likely aren't getting taken in the day or 2 before the season starts and then they have 30 days &/or 10 games dressed on the parent club before they need to clear waivers again if they get called up.  Especially if the Sabres only keep 2 goalies in Buffalo and add another 6D type (to go with the 4D we hope they bring in) then there will be 8D on the Sabres roster.  How bad do injuries need to be to get your #9 10 games of action (especially when he's just marginally better than #10)?

49 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I hope they don’t move Rosen this summer. He is starting to fill out and come on. He might be one who just explodes. Incredible wheels to go with a great shot. He was very good at the WJCs this year and has carried it on. 

Cant keep all these prospects i agree hes most likely going to have a good career but buffalo needs a good defenseman 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Cant keep all these prospects i agree hes most likely going to have a good career but buffalo needs a good defenseman 

Get a dman another way. If you keep Rosén and he does break out next year then he is that much more valuable if you do have to move someone.

sign a UFA dman. Or trade VO for a pick and then package a couple picks for a dman.

Many different ways to fill a need.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I still remember Kozak as a Winterhawk and my "I like him even more" realization. He laid a solid bodycheck in the offensive zone and knocked a T-bird to the ice. Clean, hard. Probably unnecessary, but whatever. T-bird Matt Rempe (Rangers pick) decides he needs to address it. He comes skating over and Kozak catches sight and prepares a shoulder.

Rempe bounces off Kozak like skating into a brick wall. Rempe gives his helmet a shake and is like "The hell? Anyway, yeah, consider that addressed." And proceeds to skate away. Today, a year later, Rempe is listed as 6'8" 240#. He was not likely 240 then, but he still didn't expect Kozak to stop him his tracks. Neither did I.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Great piece. That’s the attitude you want. Reminds me a bit of Krebs in that way. 

Good goals tonight by two promising youngsters. 

Edited by FrenchConnection44

11 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Great piece. That’s the attitude you want. Reminds me a bit of Krebs in that way. 

Good goals tonight by two promising youngsters. 

On the Rosen clip ... put a Sabres sweater with #71 on it and he looks like a carbon copy on that PP goal. Right down to holstering his stick afterward.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

On the Rosen clip ... put a Sabres sweater with #71 on it and he looks like a carbon copy on that PP goal. Right down to holstering his stick afterward.

Agreed. He looks like he might be a better skater and passer than Vic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

And the key is replicating VO with a first-round athletic, vision, and talent level instead of a 7th-round leve. Some more tenacity and net-drive and defensive game will help, too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

And the key is replicating VO with a first-round athletic, vision, and talent level instead of a 7th-round leve. Some more tenacity and net-drive and defensive game will help, too.

I know VO has become a guy most of us want to get rid of. I am one of them too.

I think his shot on the PP can be replaced by Quinn while Kulich, Savoie, Rousek can bring other elements in that VO does not provide.

He has some trade value, get something that the Sabres need like a 4/5 D. Sweeten the deal with a pick if it comes to that.

9 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's 1-1 in WHL Final after the first two games in Winnipeg. Savoie has 1 assist and a -2 rating. 10 shots (5 in each game). 0 PIMs and 23 of 40 on faceoffs.

I think Savoie will soon replace Skinner on PP1. He has incredible vision and skill in the bumper position 

He makes so many 1 quick, precise passes that leads to easy goals for teammates like Benson 

example from last night …

https://twitter.com/chlhockey/status/1657556081021689857?s=46&t=6n2ONBbhmYwnQesFyKn49g

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.