Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Does this mean we're no longer worried about his "low" rate of point production?  Asking for a friend.

We? 

Me speaking for me and not “we”, point production good or bad in any particular game, or week, or month, or even several months, doesn’t move the needle in any direction to make declarative absolute statements regarding a developing young man. Just my O.

On 11/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

High End Forwards (1st & 2nd rd picks)

Savoie, WHL - 15gm 7g 13a 20pts (1.33 pts/gm - down slightly from 1.39 last year)

Östlund, SWE1, 16gm 2g 9a 11pts

Kulich, AHL - 13gm 2g 6a 8 pts

Rosen, AHL - 13gm 2g 7a 9 pts

Kisakov, AHL - 9gm 2g 1a 3 pts

Poltapov, KHL - no stats (IR?)

Hopefully not mobilized.

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Poltapov is now a full-time KHL rookie with 5 goals in 27 games.

This is the best place to find prospect stats:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/53/buffalo-sabres/in-the-system

That is pretty good for the KHL. Young guys usually don’t get great ice time.

https://theathletic.com/3909504/2022/11/19/buffalo-sabres-prospect-russia-sardarian/

Nice article on Stiven Sardarian in the Athletic.  Talks about a smart hard working kid willing to make huge sacrifices for his NHL by leaving Russia for the US to play college hockey so that he can develop and get an education.  Sounds like a good kid who even if he doesn’t make the NHL is going to be a success in life.  

I know everyone is bummed that the Sabres suck again, but at least their prospects down in Roc are doing okay! Rosen (2 points, goal/assist), Kulich, and Kisakov all got some points tonight.  Kisakov has been coming on lately, nice to see.  He started the year a bit slow, but has three goals in the last 4 games.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 12/2/2022 at 10:20 PM, Brawndo said:

Bloom with the Hat Trick tonight

Just saw that....Hat trick in a 4-2 win over division rival Kingston.....so far has 6 goals in his 9 games playing for North Bay and 13 points in total....seems to be fitting in fine so far.  No one really watches North Bay as they are not one of the sexier locations here in the OHL but they seem to have something good happening there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

Just saw that....Hat trick in a 4-2 win over division rival Kingston.....so far has 6 goals in his 9 games playing for North Bay and 13 points in total....seems to be fitting in fine so far.  No one really watches North Bay as they are not one of the sexier locations here in the OHL but they seem to have something good happening there.

In case I did not tell you before, welcome to the board.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

I was a season ticket holder for North Bay but am watching on TV this year. They have a good team and are going for it this season. Bloom was a great acquisition and his production has picked up from Saginaw.

The other guy that has taken a step forward is Ty Nelson a RHD that I hoped the Sabres would take in the 2nd round last year. Kraken picked him up. He is among the league leaders in scoring.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much news on him but Vsevolod Komarov has 27 points in 30 games with the Quebec Remparts. Looks like he has taken a step forward in that league, he scored 19 points in 60 games last season.

Sabres 5th rounder this past draft is a RHD, 6’3” 188 lbs.

Patrick Roy is the head coach.

• Like (+1) 3

Bloom is having a sneaky good season and has ramped things up dramatically since he was shipped up to North Bay.  He's averaging over 1.5pts per game with 23 points in 15 games. More impressively he has 12 goals in the 15 games since his arrival and is on a 10 game point streak and North Bay is playing .700 hockey. Tied for 9th in overall scoring in the OHL and on pace for 40+ goal season. Looking forward to seeing this dude in Rochester next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.