DirectV just blacked out rochester

ROCSKrewed

I saw in another thread a claim that rochester isnt in the Buffalo market that must be whats going on for the rochester and syracuse people who have lost the game.

Here in Rochester, we got the MSG feed on Time Warner, but it was indeed blacked out on Center Ice (Digital Cable channel 1103).

Can someone please explain the DirecTV blackout rules? I live in Queens...have center ice...game should have been on MSG here in NY...Islander games should be on without center ice...but I was blacked out...

I'm confused...I understand the blackout rules for the NFL...but not the NHL

i live in mamaroneck. islanders v. sabres was on cablevision channel 71. however, the center ice feed was blacked out.

i am waiting to see if all sabres games will be blacked out on center ice b/c we live in rangers/islanders market and msg is carrying their games.

the free preview will tell the tale.

I had DirecTV last week.

But, I just got a new HDTV and decided to switch to Dish Network because their HD receiver is free and some of the packages are cheaper.

Thank goodness I got hooked up on Tuesday as I live in Rochester and Dish Network had the Sabres game just fine.

I sent DirecTV a note about the Sabres preseason game and they said that they are working to get the games, but a deal wasn't likely to be in place in time for the opener. Which it obviously wasn't.

FYI - I have emailed the Sabres, MSG, and I called DirecTv to complain [twice]. I have emailed Alan Pergament, the Buffalo News TV reporter. I also emailed the NYS Attorney General, as this reeks of consumer fraud to me - it was widely reported that a deal was in place weeks ago, when in fact one apparently was not.

i'd suggest everyone affected by the Directv/MSG negotiations complain to DirecTV, MSG, and the Sabres loudly, and often.

Guest Stuhast41

I emailed the Sabres and got this response:

"Thank you for your interest in the Buffalo Sabres. We were informed that an agreement between MSG Network and DirecTV to show the Sabres games was in place. As it turns out, currently there is no agreement between MSG and DirecTV. The Buffalo Sabres have no control over this situation. We encourage you to contact DirecTV at 800-494-4388 if you have more questions."

I contacted DirecTV and they gave me the "negogiations with MSG will be completed soon for the broadcast rights"

I could not find an email or number for MSG Network

"We were informed"!?

"Soon"!?

This is absurd, no one has any definite answers.

DirecTV is having serious problems:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...er=emailarticle

The Washington Capitals received more than 1,000 e-mails yesterday from DirecTV subscribers in the greater Washington area who were unable to watch Wednesday's season opener.

The Capitals' first game in 18 months -- a 3-2 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets at MCI Center -- was broadcast by Comcast SportsNet but was blacked out inadvertently by DirecTV because of a technical problem, according to Bob Marsocci, DirecTV's vice president of communications.

"This is very disheartening for us, and it has nothing to do with blackout rules, the Capitals, Comcast SportsNet or the NHL. This is a DirecTV issue," the Capitals said in a statement yesterday.

DirecTV customers in parts of New Jersey, San Jose and Long Island experienced similar accidental blackouts.

"We apologize to those customers who missed the game," Marsocci said in an e-mail. "We are addressing this issue and will closely monitor those systems tonight to see that no further blackout errors occur."

Archived