Patrick Kane

tom webster

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So was the conclusion of the discussions that they didn’t want to acquire him... or that they had no interest in trading for him? 

Giving up assets for Him in a trade wasn’t an deemed a good idea right now. As a UFA is TBD. 

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

After what Gaudreau did to his home town im not going to get my hopes up.

What did he do? Last I saw Philly didn't have the cap space to sign him. But I haven't really paid attention since I saw they didn't want to pay the price to move JVR

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

So was the conclusion of the discussions that they didn’t want to acquire him... or that they had no interest in trading for him? 

The word "trading" is doing a lot of work there.

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Giving up assets for Him in a trade wasn’t an deemed a good idea right now. As a UFA is TBD. 

Makes sense.

Also, maybe someone should check in on Timmy.

And listen: I'm not here to shame or poke fun at a falling out with family. But putting that sh1t on Twitter for the masses to consume at 2:00 in the morning? 😕

• Like (+1) 1

There's this, Peters often has some dirt. And it makes sense, why give anything up. Maybe, MAYBE, if the Sabres are playing so well that they could go somewhere in the playoffs, but otherwise no.

Edited by MattPie
Fix tweet
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And listen: I'm not here to shame or poke fun at a falling out with family. But putting that sh1t on Twitter for the masses to consume at 2:00 in the morning? 😕

My impression of TG over the years is that he can get pretty worked up about things.   I would guess that for someone who is inclined that way to begin with, family drama can really take things to the boiling point.

He'll probably delete the tweet once he cools off.  And hopefully reconcile with his brother at some point too.

While all this is true, I’ve been told the public profession that Patrick wants to see how the Blackhawk’s season progresses before requesting a trade is privately him wanting to see how Buffalo progresses. 
Like I said at the beginning, I thought it was unlikely they trade for him but it still could happen, especially if things go even better then expected for the Sabres although he likely goes to a Cup contender to finish the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, MattPie said:

There's this, Peters often has some dirt. And it makes sense, why give anything up. Maybe, MAYBE, if the Sabres are playing so well that they could go somewhere in the playoffs, but otherwise no.

I really am not a fan of Kane, but this makes sense.

See what shakes out this year.  See if Cozens, Mitts, and the other young guys take steps forward or regress.  See if Tage can repeat his current season. Does Okposo put up 20+ goals again and seem like you want to give him a new deal or not?   

A lot of questions about the current roster should be answered in the first part of the year.  You sign Kane next year if you must, or make a trade for him at the deadline if it makes sense for both sides.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

not for nothing.

the rejoinder is pretty good too.

I do kinda find it funny when one of the first people some remove from the roster to make room for our soon to be influx of young talent is...our third leading scorer. 

He’s somehow gotten a “just a shot” rep he can’t quite shake. You are a Tampa level team, cap wise and depth wise if you are casting aside guys like VO to make room for ELCs. VO imo should be one of the last to be replaced, on talent I don’t see it being on any kind of horizon 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Can someone explain why Sidney Crosby absolutely MUST retire as a Penguin (from another thread) but Patrick Kane needn't retire as a Blackhawk?  They're each as iconic to their teams and they each won three Cups with them.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can someone explain why Sidney Crosby absolutely MUST retire as a Penguin (from another thread) but Patrick Kane needn't retire as a Blackhawk?  They're each as iconic to their teams and they each won three Cups with them.

Since I was the one that initiated that line if conversation I’ll respond.

The difference to me is when the player asks to be moved.  All bets are off when the icon says, get me out of here.  Maybe that thinking is lopsided on my part, but that’s my difference.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Crosby has been the captain since day one IIRC. Also, I think Centers and Defence tend to be viewed as the heart of a team more than wingers. I can only think of OV as a Winger that must always be a Cap. I don't know why this is, other than maybe wingers are considered my 1-dimentional vs centers.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kr632 said:

What did he do? Last I saw Philly didn't have the cap space to sign him. But I haven't really paid attention since I saw they didn't want to pay the price to move JVR

On a note related to Philly, them not having the cap space with the team they put on the ice....it says very VERY bad things about how that team is put together.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

He grew up in Carney’s Point 45 minutes from Philadelphia and His Wife is from a Philadelphia Suburb, the Flyers were His First Choice 

Mark Lazerus from the Athletic tweeted a betting site that had the Sabres 7th at 15/2 odds of being Kane’s Next Team. 
Graham who also works for the Athletic, reached out to His Sabres Sources to find out what the interest was put out the tweet. 

@tom webster told us there were discussions in the front office about bringing Him in. 

The kind that go like this:

"Do we want to bring in Patri"

"No."

DIscussed.  🙂  Although I am sure there is an aspect of if he's free to choose and wants to show up, maybe.

41 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Because the Pens are still trying to win and the Hawks are not.  Sid has no motivation to leave and Kane might still want to try to win a cup. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

They can always trade him back to the Hawks for a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He did break the Eichel Trade 

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, maybe someone should check in on Timmy.

I'm blocked on Timmah's Twitter feed. What happened?

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm blocked on Timmah's Twitter feed. What happened?

He Tweeted that he'd spoken to his sources and that the Sabres are not interested in trading for Kane. Trading.

Then at 2:00 a.m. today he posted a Twitter poll that asked, when you realize your brother is dead to you, are you "relieved" or "sad"?

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Because Buffalo.

Am I doing this right?  (But I think it would be because Crosby doesn't have a "home" NHL franchise to return to and lead to the playoffs.)

5 hours ago, MattPie said:

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

He did break the Eichel Trade 

OMG, I scooped Brawndo! LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I am still under the impression that this year is all about the kids and them growing.  Offer fair contracts to RFA's Tage, Cozens, Asplund, Mule, and UFA's Girgs and Okie.  Leaves room to sign Kane for 2-3 years.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/3509259

I don’t think you could sign Thompson for that unless it was signed after a down year next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.