Patrick Kane

tom webster

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

He Tweeted that he'd spoken to his sources and that the Sabres are not interested in trading for Kane. Trading.

Then at 2:00 a.m. today he posted a Twitter poll that asked, when you realize your brother is dead to you, are you "relieved" or "sad"?

Any idea what brought that on?

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm blocked on Timmah's Twitter feed. What happened?

He is reacting to another tweet from someone who had to cut his brother out of his life.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He is?

Yes.  Go back to the tweet and see what he is quoting.  He quotes three tweets by a person (a friend maybe or another sportswriter, I don't know) and puts his survey on top of it.

Edited by Eleven

7 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Because Buffalo.

Am I doing this right?  (But I think it would be because Crosby doesn't have a "home" NHL franchise to return to and lead to the playoffs.)

Crosby for a long time was the face of the league. He's probably still the most respected player in the league given all the new blood that grew up watching him.

Kane's always been a one of the best skilled wingers in the game, but had a checkered reputation and has always been a notch behind Ovi and Sid.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Yes.  Go back to the tweet and see what he is quoting.  He quotes three tweets by a person (a friend maybe or another sportswriter, I don't know) and puts his survey on top of it.

Went back. Don’t see it. It’s just his Tweet and poll.

On 6/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, Scottysabres said:

Wait the year, pay 0 in assets.

This gives the team another whole season to further progress. They'll be fighting for a playoff spot, a decent 50/50 they can earn one.

The assets bolster the pipeline for the future with potential. 

A 34 yr old Kane on a 2 or 3 yr deal, with an even stronger team of youth who have accumulated some experience appears to be a good fit imho.

After reading subsequent posts from this one, smart move by both the Sabres and Kane camp.

16 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hopefully these 2 camps are "no signing of him ever because of his past off-ice issues" and "sure, in UFA at a middle-six rate so he can look like a hometown hero".

Agree. I think there are terms where Kane is a positive addition to the team, but I highly doubt those terms are going to work for Kane 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.