Patrick Kane

tom webster

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

The entire thread is predicated on Kane wanting to finish his career in Buffalo.

I know he's want to waive it to come here, but I'm more interested in Chicago having their hands tied if Buffalo is one of the only teams who can make an offer since he can mix any other teams.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This is kind of the way I see it too.  I just don't see him being a fit with this Sabres team.

Accused of sexual assault? In a case that was definitively proven to be false? That’s held against him? 
I’ve never been a big fan of him or his father but I’m glad I’m not judged by things I did when I was in my 20’s or by things people said about me that were false in the hopes of collecting a settlement.

As far as what happened with the Blackhawks, there is no doubt that that was an awful situation but if we punished every player that looked the other way or said nothing about disgusting stuff that went on in locker rooms, we’d have to ban 99% of athletes that played before 2010 at least.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, tom webster said:

Accused of sexual assault? In a case that was definitively proven to be false? That’s held against him? 
I’ve never been a big fan of him or his father but I’m glad I’m not judged by things I did when I was in my 20’s or by things people said about me that were false in the hopes of collecting a settlement.

As far as what happened with the Blackhawks, there is no doubt that that was an awful situation but if we punished every player that looked the other way or said nothing about disgusting stuff that went on in locker rooms, we’d have to ban 99% of athletes that played before 2010 at least.

Thank you for taking the time to write out what I was thinking. 

Well, the Debrincat trade makes it clear that the Blackhawks are in full teardown-and-tank mode, so a Kane trade this summer seems highly likely.

That means the question is which teams will he agree to be traded to.  If it's a short list and the Sabres are on it, then the questions are whether KA is interested, and how much KA is willing to pay in assets to get him.

I would guess that the Sabres will be on the list, and that KA will be interested at the right price, but the Sabres will not be the only team on the list -- and if that is the case, I would guess that the presence of other teams on the list will result in a price that is too rich for KA's liking.

Still, it's possible.

42 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, the Debrincat trade makes it clear that the Blackhawks are in full teardown-and-tank mode, so a Kane trade this summer seems highly likely.

That means the question is which teams will he agree to be traded to.  If it's a short list and the Sabres are on it, then the questions are whether KA is interested, and how much KA is willing to pay in assets to get him.

I would guess that the Sabres will be on the list, and that KA will be interested at the right price, but the Sabres will not be the only team on the list -- and if that is the case, I would guess that the presence of other teams on the list will result in a price that is too rich for KA's liking.

Still, it's possible.

KA’s patience may work well in this case. I don’t want to give up much in assets to get him, I think they can get him as a UFA next July.

If KA waits them out and no one else can fit him under their cap then Kane could land in his lap for a cheap return.

KA could also help his cause by weaponizing the cap to get Kane where he wants to go for a playoff run this year. The Sabres could gain an asset for making the deal happen and be #1 on Kane’s list for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

One of the Insiders (I think Pagnotta) Tweeted that Kane and his agent would be sitting down to discuss his future with management soon.

Kyle Davidson said that after the draft. Their public stance is they want Kane and Toews to be the veteran presence for the rebuild but you know that’s bs. There is a sense that Toews may retire. At either rate. Davidson said they would talk to both soon.

5 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

So we want to give up one of our young players spots (Peterka or Quinn) for an over the hill Patrick Kane? I'm so confused with this fan base. 

It’s quite simple we want the over the bill guy who scored 90 points last year playing until the young guys are good enough to beat him out. We want a team that strives to be the best it can be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

hockeybuzz.com people  are saying kane to buffalo ? 

@tom webster

14 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

So we want to give up one of our young players spots (Peterka or Quinn) for an over the hill Patrick Kane? I'm so confused with this fan base. 

Wouldn't this be like the Taylor hall trade ?  Where in this case Buffalo would have the power 

Edited by Buffalonill

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

It’s quite simple we want the over the bill guy who scored 90 points last year playing until the young guys are good enough to beat him out. We want a team that strives to be the best it can be.

It doesn't make much sense to what we're building now. Trying to find our core and then throw Patrick Kane in there because he's from the area.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It is not going to take Quinn or Peterka.

The Hawks won’t have leverage. Kane is a UFA after the year.They want to stink for a few years.

Probably like Johnson, Portillo, Bishop ( they will have to get to the cap floor) we can give them Bjork.😁a couple 2nds. 

If he says he is only coming to Buffalo then it is a Hall to Boston deal.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

It is not going to take Quinn or Peterka.

The Hawks won’t have leverage. Kane is a UFA after the year.They want to stink for a few years.

Probably like Johnson, Portillo, Bishop ( they will have to get to the cap floor) we can give them Bjork.😁a couple 2nds. 

If he says he is only coming to Buffalo then it is a Hall to Boston deal.

If this was towards my comment I meant he would take 1 of their spots not be traded for 1 of them.

I would love to see Kane come to Buffalo. Look at the chemistry he had with DeBrincat. Put him on the right side with Mitts and Quinn and I guarantee you those two players develop and have great seasons.

Adding Kane puts people in the seats and makes it a lot easier for this team to attract a goalie and some other FAs.

This move would come from Terry. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

If this was towards my comment I meant he would take 1 of their spots not be traded for 1 of them.

Sorry, I see when I reread it what you meant. I still think thee is room for them. Another option is you move VO for Kane. As I said in my post I think Quinn would have DeBrincat like numbers playing with Kane.

Let’s get Tom Webster on the blower to his sources to see what the story is😛😁

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I would love to see Kane come to Buffalo. Look at the chemistry he had with DeBrincat. Put him on the right side with Mitts and Quinn and I guarantee you those two players develop and have great seasons.

Adding Kane puts people in the seats and makes it a lot easier for this team to attract a goalie and some other FAs.

This move would come from Terry. 

team would give me the 2005-06 vibes 

11 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It doesn't make much sense to what we're building now. Trying to find our core and then throw Patrick Kane in there because he's from the area.

Again squared.

We do not want him because he’s from the area. He wants us because he is. We want him because he’s still one of the best players in the NHL.

Also, good teams do not save roster spots for prospects. They earn them. Besides, players rarely play 82 games anymore, there will be plenty of ice time. By the way, when do we stop holding spots? Should we save 3 for this year’s three number ones?

In the end, you probably don’t have to worry. KA has fallen in love with the patient route.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Again squared.

We do not want him because he’s from the area. He wants us because he is. We want him because he’s still one of the best players in the NHL.

Also, good teams do not save roster spots for prospects. They earn them. Besides, players rarely play 82 games anymore, there will be plenty of ice time. By the way, when do we stop holding spots? Should we save 3 for this year’s three number ones?

In the end, you probably don’t have to worry. KA has fallen in love with the patient route.

Edited by Buffalonill

8 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Again squared.

Has Quinn and Peterka not earned a spot? Who said anything about holding spots?

35 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Has Quinn and Peterka not earned a spot? Who said anything about holding spots?

I think his point is that they haven’t earned a spot over *Right Winger, 92 points*. 

No reason to not bring in Kane because it costs Peterka a spot. Kane wouldn’t be the guy taking his spot, Kane would never be the guy Peterka beats out. If we added Kane and Peterka couldn’t make it, it’s cause he couldn’t beat out the 20th ranked roster player who was formerly ranked 19. 

- - - 

I still think Kane is worthy having, from a hockey a standpoint. Perhaps that should be considered obvious. I’m on board for it simply because if we do it, that means Adams “ok’d” the character aspect, as we know that’s not something he’s going to bypass. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We have 3 2nd round picks next year, 4 of Johnson walks. I can see us sending two of those + pilut for Kane. Would they take that? I look at this like the Hall trade, he had all the leverage and we ended up with a 2nd a Bjork.

I find it insane people don't want someone who put up 90 points last year. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think his point is that they haven’t earned a spot over *Right Winger, 92 points*. 

No reason to not bring in Kane because it costs Peterka a spot. Kane wouldn’t be the guy taking his spot, Kane would never be the guy Peterka beats out. If we added Kane and Peterka couldn’t make it, it’s cause he couldn’t beat out the 20th ranked roster player who was formerly ranked 19. 

- - - 

I still think Kane is worthy having, from a hockey a standpoint. Perhaps that should be considered obvious. I’m on board for it simply because if we do it, that means Adams “ok’d” the character aspect, as we know that’s not something he’s going to bypass. 

Kind of a moot point either way, he'll most likely never be a Sabre so no use going back and forth about this any longer.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

Before the draft, I was ready to give them #28 for Kane, but now I'm not trading Kulich (or Savoie or Östlund) for him.

I think we're only getting him if we're the only team on his list, and I doubt that's the case.  But maybe at the deadline or over the summer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.