GAME FOUR DISCUSSION

Corp000085

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals

Game Four

Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers

4/28/2006, 7:05pm, OLN

Chatroom

WGR Streaming Audio

Time to take a big fat dump on the city of philadelphia tonight...

GO SABRES!

Oh boy, yes please!!

I've stated this on numerous occasions, but just in case anyone missed it :

There is NO team I detest in The NHL like The Flyers. There is no organisation more classless in The NHL than The Flyers. Right from Ed Snider, down to the guy cleans the blood off the ice after one of these clowns have hi-sticked, elbowed, speared or boarded somebody into oblivion, this organisation consists of loudmouthed, cowardly, cheap-shotting, intent-on-injuring whiners!

Even Forsberg, whom I used to think of as a classy player, has resorted to Flyer cheap-shotting and whining in this series.

I guess it comes with the territory, eh? "You wanna play for us? Start playing like a cheap-shotting moron, and don't miss an opportunity to bitch and whine about being sent to the box for it".

I'll take a sweep in the second round with a big ol' smile on my face if I have to, but please please please please - BEAT The Flyers. I just couldn't bear a first round exit to that franchise.

You know, it sounds like a joke, but I wonder if the Sabres should have revealed the exact nature of Teppo's problem. Does anyone have a doubt that Gauthier, or any number of other Flyers, would give him a shot to the chest if they get the chance? It's sick, but I wouldn't put it past this bunch.

Tonight is THE test for the Sabres. A win could rocket this team on a nice long run.

Not a bad 1st period - would have been nice to get the third goal and open up a big lead going into the 2nd, but we won the period, and that's all that matters.

Nice goal by Vanek, good to see the PP get one early.

For all the #%^$#! that Hitchcock took, he made the proper adjustments and got his team ready. He has them clogging up the middle beautifully. I hope Lindy can .... er, wait... penalty shot.........................................#%^$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope Lindy can make some adjustments and figure out how to crack it because I have a really bad feeling about the rest of this series.

Sabres need to wake-up! :angry:

Can't win in the post-season with this kind of effort, IMHO.

I assume you mean soft in the terms of team "D", correct? Right now Forsberg is getting every bounce to go his way - that puck wasn't even headed for him but it hit someone and bounced right to him in the slot.

There are a few players that need to wake up, and make their presence felt in the 3rd period - Drury and Briere, despite his goal, are both struggling; Dumont, Connolly and Kotalik have been non-factors overall; and Max scares me every time the puck finds his stick in our end.

I'm checking out. Going to work early, I can't bear to watch the 3rd period. Philly is the better team. Let me clarify, they are the better team at following the coaches instructions and executing the game-plan.

Careless turn-overs continue to plague the Sabres. Max has looked better with the skating, but still, these drop passes and short passes right to Flyer sticks around the Flyer blue-line have got to stop.

Listen to Pierre McGuire on TSN. He is dead right. The Sabres are playing a match-up game, trying to get Drury against Forsberg. But, the Sabres are not getting the puck in deep when they have the chance to allow for a line-change. Simple execution of the game plan. It's not happening. The Flyers have eliminated a lot of their mistakes, while the Sabres commit more and more.

The tide has changed in this series. I can't watch the 3rd. Here's hoping for a good one!!

I assume you mean soft in the terms of team "D", correct? Right now Forsberg is getting every bounce to go his way - that puck wasn't even headed for him but it hit someone and bounced right to him in the slot.

There are a few players that need to wake up, and make their presence felt in the 3rd period - Drury and Briere, despite his goal, are both struggling; Dumont, Connolly and Kotalik have been non-factors overall; and Max scares me every time the puck finds his stick in our end.

Absoutely, the D. But Miller seemed distracted on that shot.

Let's see what happens in the 3rd. A strong period and Sabres can go back to HSBC with a fine chance to win it in 5. Lindy sez: "need to finish" and he's right...

Speed, speed and more speed and we're home.

What the hell was that? Another soft goal in the playoffs? I could handle it if it were just some bad goals and he moves on, but he never does! Is he going to need another 2 weeks to shake it this time? I know he is young and all but he is going to cost this series. They are showing him close up right now and his eyes are dull and glazed. He needs to get his #%^$#! together and right fast.

Miller was awful on that 4th goal. Shocking. Brutal. No #%^$#!ing excuse for it. The 3rd was deflected by another teammate.

This series should be over tonite, but our inexperience has shown.

I'm pissed. Biron for game 5!