Kim Pegula Undergoing Medical Treatment for Unexpected Health Issues ; Reportedly is improving 6/28

Brawndo

I hope the tennis media is able to remain respectful to the daughter during Wimbledon. All it takes is one idiot to ruin everything. I’m sure they’re fine actually, but I don’t know if their setup over there might allow for someone outside the tennis circles to get in and ask some stupid crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope the tennis media is able to remain respectful to the daughter during Wimbledon. All it takes is one idiot to ruin everything. I’m sure they’re fine actually, but I don’t know if their setup over there might allow for someone outside the tennis circles to get in and ask some stupid crap. 

Well, almost no one is as respectful as an English sportswriter, right?

(Also, Jessie won her match today.)

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Does this mean Kim is out of the hospital and now in rehab?

Can I take this to mean ICU is no longer?

It's a good question. To me, the key word is "rehabilitating." You're not doing any rehab in an ICU, in my experience. If she's doing rehab, she's hopefully in a rehab facility (not a hospital) doing that rehab.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Really encouraging news.

+++

“She’s doing a lot better now. That’s why I’m here," Jessica said after the match. "If she wasn’t doing well, I probably wouldn’t have come. I flew out Wednesday last week, and within that time she was in a really good condition, where I felt like everything was fine, and I felt like my family had everything under control.

She’s progressing and she’s been doing rehab. I felt comfortable coming here. But that’s why I didn’t play any warmup tournaments.”

“I hope,” she said, “she got to watch me play today.”

Sounds like a stroke.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...