Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

On 10/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, SDS said:

People are overthinking this.

“We’d like to thank the Buffalo Bills and the Buffalo Sabres community for their outpouring of love and concern during this difficult time with Kim. Kim had suffered a stroke on X and she’s currently dealing with the challenges that came from that day. Rest assured, we are doing the best we can to get Kim healthy and back to doing the things that she loves. We are very grateful for the onebuffalo community and your support.“

This isn’t that hard.

Right, but medical records are confidential. If an individual or their family desires NOT to share medical details, then that is 100% within their rights. 

While I would also PREFER that the Pegula family give Buffalo fans at least SOMETHING to go on with what's been going on with the President of PSE, my preferences don't really matter much when compared to the individual's/family's rights to privacy. And we all know the Pegulas are generally, mostly terrible at big picture PR. 

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Right, but medical records are confidential. If an individual or their family desires NOT to share medical details, then that is 100% within their rights. 

While I would also PREFER that the Pegula family give Buffalo fans at least SOMETHING to go on with what's been going on with the President of PSE, my preferences don't really matter much when compared to the individual's/family's rights to privacy. And we all know the Pegulas are generally, mostly terrible at big picture PR. 

I found some irony in this statement written in 2022 considering the US these days. 

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Facile and revisionist. I wonder if he deleted his Tweets where he said he wouldn’t risk losing access (to senior PSE officers) in order to investigate the matter further.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

We’ve debated that to death upthread. I’m just pointing out that Graham’s full of sh1t.

(Also, he acknowledges in the quoted excerpt what there is to be gained.)

Where? Other than people would then know, what would be gained?

Your take on all this is really weird.

We have no right to know. They are not telling. And Tim isn’t going to risk anything professionally to find out something we don’t even need to know. What more is there than that? You are right. It is simple. Not sure about the revisionist part.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Where? Other than people would then know, what would be gained?

You've answered your own question.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Your take on all this is really weird.

I've heard that or inferred it before around here. I've explained why I view the matter the way I do. If you've read and comprehended what I've posted and find it weird, so be it.

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And Tim isn’t going to risk anything professionally to find out something we don’t even need to know. that is a risk to him professionally.

FTFY.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

If you read back through this thread closely you'll be able to find out what happened.

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Facile and revisionist. I wonder if he deleted his Tweets where he said he wouldn’t risk losing access (to senior PSE officers) in order to investigate the matter further.

I'm not a huge fan of Graham's but this seems a bit harsh.  And his stance as he articulates it doesn't seem unreasonable, although I know your view differs.

52 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

You've answered your own question.

I've heard that or inferred it before around here. I've explained why I view the matter the way I do. If you've read and comprehended what I've posted and find it weird, so be it.

FTFY.

No matter how many times you say it, you do not need to know.

No matter how much the 6 year old child has a tantrum on the floor, he doesn't need that cookie.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'm not a huge fan of Graham's but this seems a bit harsh.  And his stance as he articulates it doesn't seem unreasonable, although I know your view differs.

Fair. He's a smart guy. And, last I checked, he's a pretty gifted writer who's worked that gift in order to make it shine.

I have reasons -- that I'm not at liberty to share (lame, I know -- sorry) -- for being a bit harsh. I'll only offer: For reasons that are not public (AFAIK), he's owed a comeuppance.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No matter how many times you say it, you do not need to know.

No matter how much the 6 year old child has a tantrum on the floor, he doesn't need that cookie.

I'll let my reasoned discourse on the topic speak for itself. And - notwithstanding my periodic disagreements with them - I'll refrain from insulting other posters by likening their reasoned thought process to a child's tantrum.

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fair. He's a smart guy. And, last I checked, he's a pretty gifted writer who's worked that gift in order to make it shine.

I have reasons -- that I'm not at liberty to share (lame, I know -- sorry) -- for being a bit harsh. I'll only offer: For reasons that are not public (AFAIK), he's owed a comeuppance.

I'll let my reasoned discourse on the topic speak for itself. And - notwithstanding my periodic disagreements with them - I'll refrain from insulting other posters by likening their reasoned thought process to a child's tantrum.

How is it different? Just because you use pretty words in a calm "reasoned" way doesn't make you any more right. You may really, really, really, really want to know, but you don't need to know. Period.

And you can insult me. I don't care.

7 hours ago, Weave said:

Your mother dresses you funny.

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

It has made me stronger.

Exchanges like this remind me of an old Warner Brothers cartoon where Porky Pig is The Pied Piper of Hamlin and there is a cat dressed like a giant mouse.  The cat insults Porky a few times.  After the last insult, Porky makes an aside, "I wonder how he knows so much about my family."

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

I continue to wish Kim Pegula well in her recovery.

This recent Investigative Post report on the MOU for the new stadium lease points to the valid reasons that members of the public - a public that is footing the $850M bill - may want to know more about Kim's prognosis.

image.thumb.png.c9196fc3f3cb6037d22a957ce475843d.png

https://www.investigativepost.org/2023/01/16/bills-new-stadium-lease-is-not-ironclad/

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

This recent Investigative Post report on the MOU for the new stadium lease points to the valid reasons that members of the public - a public that is footing the $850M bill - may want to know more about Kim's prognosis.

https://www.investigativepost.org/2023/01/16/bills-new-stadium-lease-is-not-ironclad/

One easy fix would be to make one of their children interested in the team a minority owner and use that to help circumvent inheritance taxes 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That article is gross.

You want an iron-clad way to keep the Bills in WNY if they use public funds for stadium construction?  Fine.  You want to compel an individual to release their private medical information because you want more ammunition to motivate the state/county to negotiate a more iron-clad way to keep the Bills in WNY?  Gross.

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.