Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

Jessica at Wimbeldon and Terry at training camp seemed to give a clear indication that Kim was stable. And there were statements made around that time that she was progressing in her rehab.

Kelly's post seems to acknowledge that her mom's still got a fight on her hands.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I had a coworker who had a bad one. Was laid up for a while. It took time but he got back to his partial self. Lost some motor control on one side, speech was slurred somewhat. 

If someone has a stroke, is it ischemic of hemorrhagic? Ischemic is far more treatable, from my understanding, than a brain bleed (hemorrhagic). 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If someone has a stroke, is it ischemic of hemorrhagic? Ischemic is far more treatable, from my understanding, than a brain bleed (hemorrhagic). 

This is correct.
 If it was another type of event such as cardiac arrest, depending on how long the patient was without circulation for, an anoxic brain injury becomes a concern

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think it was a stroke and she is in the middle of a tough rehab. Hopefully it was caught early enough so there is little permanent damage.

I have no inside knowledge at all, and we all hate to 'guess' but based on the info available I agree. It appears it might be something like a clot or a stroke, and maybe the reason there are few statements about her condition are her 'road back' might include some speech issues (which happen in a lot of those cases.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I think it was a stroke and she is in the middle of a tough rehab. Hopefully it was caught early enough so there is little permanent damage.

I can't comment on how I know what I know, but that's an accurate assessment.  Although there is fear "normal" might be a lot different than what it was a year ago.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I can't comment on how I know what I know, but that's an accurate assessment.  Although there is fear "normal" might be a lot different than what it was a year ago.

Just from the length of time Kim has been out of sight suggests this was a bad one. So all we can do is pray she fights her way back but she may never be the same. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'll be honest: I didn't think we'd be 4 months out without a meaningful update on the health of one of the team's owners/presidents.

I respect your feelings. I do. I look at it as … it’s no one’s funking business what the health is of anyone. It’s only up to the individual if they want their own health status exposed and to what degree. In this case “no news” is good news. And just move past it.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I respect your feelings. I do. I look at it as … it’s no one’s funking business what the health is of anyone. It’s only up to the individual if they want their own health status exposed and to what degree. In this case “no news” is good news. And just move past it.

Car Chase Police GIF

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

No news is good news?   Is this like fuzzy math?

29 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I talked about this upthread and won't belabour it here. She's an owner of the Bills and Sabres - institutions of great public interest hereabouts. One of those teams was recently the beneficiary of a deal that will give them about $1.4B in public money. So, she's not just anyone. She's not a private citizen. As the people who support the teams and, perhaps moreover, help foot the bill (for the Bills), we're entitled to some information about how she's faring. More information than we have so far anyway. The question of timing is a murky one, I admit. I'm just wondering when more will be made known.

19 minutes ago, SDS said:

Car Chase Police GIF

This gif made me chuckle - although I have no idea what it's meant to imply.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Then they didn't have the right to ask for thoughts and prayers... or however they worded it.

• Vomit 1
  • dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

His personal vendetta against the Pegulas  reaches the level of obnoxious.

Don't really see it as a vendetta against ownership as much as the board contrarian must always be contradictory.  And, it seems that if he can do it in a noticeable (flamboyant?, controversial?) way he gets more points on his scorecard. 

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't really see it as a vendetta against ownership as much as the board contrarian must always be contradictory.  And, it seems that if he can do it in a noticeable (flamboyant?, controversial?) way he gets more points on his scorecard. 

Always two there are. No more. No less.

• Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Don't you have to calculate the mythical point total that guarantees a playoff berth? Or work on your perennially pathetic Sabres season prediction? Surprised you have time for this.

49 minutes ago, Radar said:

His personal vendetta against the Pegulas  reaches the level of obnoxious.

It's not personal. OK maybe it is. These rich pricks destroyed MY hockey team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.