Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Oh you have to be kidding with some of this.  "If she's still alive"?!  Her daughter, the Bills, the Sabres, none of them would have announced it if otherwise?

It's just trashy.

What do we know at this point?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Speculating?  Or?

Or

but anybody can choose to not believe me. I couldn’t care less. i’m just so tired of this topic personally. Not the topic of her health in the context of hoping she gets better. The topic of thinking anybody has the right to any medical information or update about somebody. Just because they are a public figure. the term public figure is such a broad term too. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Or

but anybody can choose to not believe me. I couldn’t care less. i’m just so tired of this topic personally. Not the topic of her health in the context of hoping she gets better. The topic of thinking anybody has the right to any medical information or update about somebody. Just because they are a public figure. the term public figure is such a broad term too. 

A stroke was my guess. But two? The poor woman. I know they can happen to anyone but she looked like she was in good shape. A coworker of mine had one, and while he was gregarious as ever, he never fully recovered use of his arm and walking was difficult with a cane.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A stroke was my guess. But two? The poor woman. I know they can happen you anyone but she looked like she was in good shape. A coworker of mine had one, and while he was gregarious as ever, he never fully recovered use of his arm and walking was difficult with a cane.

I know a man with a nape tattoo explaining that he is a stroke victim and asking for patience.  He points to it when he needs to.  Imagine that level of disability, just in a millisecond.  It's a nightmare.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I know a man with a nape tattoo explaining that he is a stroke victim and asking for patience.  He points to it when he needs to.  Imagine that level of disability, just in a millisecond.  It's a nightmare.

As you know, I don't have to imagine and it is a reason I am quiet on this. Sure I am curious about Kim Pegula, but if she did indeed have a stroke that was hemorrhagic I feel nothing but love and sympathy for the unfortunate woman. 

• Sad 2

I understand their right to privacy in this situation, and I fully respect that. 

That said, she's not your everyday run-of-the-mill public figure.    

She's a pioneer in field of professional sports, featured in many prominent business journals and media outlets.     An inspiration for young women who have similar aspirations.

I pray she fully recovers, but the lack of any information what-so-ever is concerning.     

Do they provide an update at some point?  Or do they just let her slowly fade from our memories and all those young women who look up to her?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I understand their right to privacy in this situation, and I fully respect that. 

She's a pioneer in field of professional sports, featured in many prominent business journals and media outlets.     An inspiration for young women who have similar aspirations.

I pray she fully recovers, but the lack of any information what-so-ever is concerning.     

Do they provide an update at some point?  Or do they just let her slowly fade from our memories and all those young women who look up to her?

Nope. She's still a human being deserving privacy.

• Like (+1) 1

The upsetting part is I figured she’d be good for another 40 years of ownership at least but they’re setting the teams up to move in 15 years of so. By then, it’ll be $25 Billion to buy a NFL team & our little $1.5 Billion cement pit we built won’t keep them in town. I hope she gets well soon, I’d expect it won’t be the case sadly.

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

These woman looking up to her, can you please tell me what she’s alone has done specifically to accomplish all these things ?? I’d like to know besides love of wallet what they have to admire ?? They drilled holes in the ground and had great lawyers, I mean let’s be honest here.

Edited by Skooby
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Skooby said:

These woman looking up to her, can you please tell me what she’s alone has done specifically to accomplish all these things ?? I’d like to know besides love of wallet what they have to admire ?? They drilled holes in the ground and had great lawyers, I mean let’s be honest here.

How she got there doesn't matter.   

She's living proof that women can succeed as executives in professional sports.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Or

I choose not to believe you.

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

@nfreemanyou are the law man and authority on this site. This topic should be shut down. It's utterly ridiculous to keep it going! 

There is no law being broken by fans of sports teams speculating. If you don't like it, ignore the thread. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I won't lie, this thread is actually more civil than I expected it to be. 

As a medical person myself, I would face stiff consequences if I was to even firmly speculate let alone disclose any information about a patient. VIP status or not. So it makes it simple, disclosure is up to the individual 1000% and regardless of how we like it, we have to deal with that. 

It sucks that's she's been out of the public eye for so long, that sadly doesn't bode well for a full recovery behind the scenes, but you'd be amazed at what a year of PT/OT, etc can do depending on the situation and perhaps the delay is because of a rehab program or something similar. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There is no law being broken by fans of sports teams speculating. If you don't like it, ignore the thread. 

The issue isn't about breaking any laws. Her health situation was reported more than a half year ago. Speculating on a person's health situation when the individual and family want to maintain privacy is irresponsible and classless. Speculating about hockey is one thing; speculating on someone's health situation is altogether different. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The issue isn't about breaking any laws. Her health situation was reported more than a half year ago. Speculating on a person's health situation when the individual and family want to maintain privacy is irresponsible and classless. Speculating about hockey is one thing; speculating on someone's health situation is altogether different. 

That's fine and I basically agree with you, but you don't get to demand a thread be closed because you disagree with it. 

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

How she got there doesn't matter.   

She's living proof that women can succeed as executives in professional sports.

It’s not like she was born into wealth. She had a tough life growing up and worked hard to put herself into a position where she had the ability to take advantage of the opportunities she had bestowed on her.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.