Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There is no question that information has been withheld when it shouldn't have been. The results of a president's physical is usually made public. Whether it is codified or not doesn't mean that it shouldn't be made public because there is a public interest. 

I didn't say she was. Why would you think that? 

That’s a completely different argument than saying the public has a right to the information. 

44 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is simply not true. There is no codified right for the public to know one way or the other. Half the presidents in history had health issues that nobody knew about either at the time or not until after the fact. 

Thats what they want you to think.

Think About It GIF by Identity

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s a completely different argument than saying the public has a right to the information. 

It certainly is a relevant argument. The president's annual physical is usually made public because there is a public interest to know that the president is healthy enough to uphold his responsibilities. 

Re: Chargers. Residents voted against subsidizing a new stadium in San Diego. Spanos wouldn't, or couldn't, fund it himself so he moved to LA where he pays rent for his team to play in a stadium that was 100% financed by the Rams owner. San Diego chose to lose their team instead of paying to keep it. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

I didn't say she was. Why would you think that? 

Because of your comment about the right to know the health of the president brought up in the middle of the Kim discussion. I thought you were making an equivalent argument. My apologies if I misunderstood.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hank said:

Re: Chargers. Residents voted against subsidizing a new stadium in San Diego. Spanos wouldn't, or couldn't, fund it himself so he moved to LA where he pays rent for his team to play in a stadium that was 100% financed by the Rams owner. San Diego chose to lose their team instead of paying to keep it. 

Also helpful context. At this point, I honestly feel a bit (maybe significantly) better about the potential connection between Kim's health and the Bills' future in Buffalo. I appreciate those who've helped explain why there may well not be a worrisome (or, as I feared, potentially catastrophic) connection between Kim's health - or Terry's, for that matter - and the Bills' future in WNY. I hope that the next time I post in this thread it will be in connection with some encouraging news that the family has released.

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because of your comment about the right to know the health of the president brought up in the middle of the Kim discussion. I thought you were making an equivalent argument. My apologies if I misunderstood.

I wasn't making an equivalent argument. I was pointing out a difference between the rights of a private citizen in comparison to the president, a public figure. If the president has surgery and is put under, the 25 amendment is invoked where the authority of his office is temporarily given to the VP until he is able to resume his responsibilities. That is made public. The medical information for a private citizen is not given out unless the person allows it. I was just drawing the contrast. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I wasn't making an equivalent argument. I was pointing out a difference between the rights of a private citizen in comparison to the president, a public figure. If the president has surgery and is put under, the 25 amendment is invoked where the authority of his office is temporarily given to the VP until he is able to resume his responsibilities. That is made public. The medical information for a private citizen is not given out unless the person allows it. I was just drawing the contrast. 

No longer true for women in the United States in multiple States. 

• Like (+1) 5

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So, in that article, he uses the “millions of taxpayer dollars” as a reason to divulge Kim’s health info. I just don’t think it is, even remotely, a valid reason for them to be forced to say anything if they don’t want to.

Sorry Smell, I just disagree.

• Like (+1) 4

What it means is that Kim apparently became very sick in May '22 with some mystery illness that has never been explained. She was a highly promininent businesswoman and executive with the Bills and Sabres on the national stage and we don't know anything about her condition, we don't know what affected her and we haven't seen her or even heard anything about her in many months. She also seems to have been replaced by Roth in the Sabres' organization. I feel like she's been disappeared, possibly because of her illness. I think the people of Buffalo deserve to know and I think it's respectful of Kim to understand what happened to her. No one should just disappear from the public view with no real explanation. Why has the family made her situation into a mystery? 

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

What it means is that Kim apparently became very sick in May '22 with some mystery illness that has never been explained. She was a highly promininent businesswoman and executive with the Bills and Sabres on the national stage and we don't know anything about her condition, we don't know what affected her and we haven't seen her or even heard anything about her in many months. She also seems to have been replaced by Roth in the Sabres' organization. I feel like she's been disappeared, possibly because of her illness. I think the people of Buffalo deserve to know and I think it's respectful of Kim to understand what happened to her. No one should just disappear from the public view with no real explanation. Why has the family made her situation into a mystery? 

And that means she died and they are covering it up? 

7 minutes ago, Quint said:

All the explanation you need, Some are more open about their problems others like to do the battle in private.

42 minutes ago, Quint said:

Why do the people of Buffalo deserve to know what her health situation is if she doesn't want to release that information? She and her family consider this to be a private and family matter. I understand the curiosity. But it's simply none of your business. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.