Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Don't you have to calculate the mythical point total that guarantees a playoff berth? Or work on your perennially pathetic Sabres season prediction? Surprised you have time for this.

It's not personal. OK maybe it is. These rich pricks destroyed MY hockey team.

Is everything OK at home?  Are you getting enough sleep?

Your digs were much more creative in the past.  Maybe you're just having a bad day.  Nobody can ALWAYS be on.

Hope all is well.  Truly.  (No, that isn't some PA-esque backhanded swipe.  Truly do hope all is well with you.)

🍺

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Is everything OK at home?  Are you getting enough sleep?

Your digs were much more creative in the past.  Maybe you're just having a bad day.  Nobody can ALWAYS be on.

Hope all is well.  Truly.  (No, that isn't some PA-esque backhanded swipe.  Truly do hope all is well with you.)

🍺

The Sabres trending upwards is sapping his life force.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Then they didn't have the right to ask for thoughts and prayers... or however they worded it.

I don't follow the logic of this. The poster to whom you were responding was essentially saying KP's a private citizen who's entitled to the full benefit of privacy and confidentiality when it comes to her medical condition and history.

And requests for thoughts and prayers from strangers are routinely made on behalf of such people, yes?

36 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Sabres trending upwards is sapping his life force.

Not a good take. We may need everyone to revisit the Legend of Lindy story. Remember? An addled Lindy in the wheelchair, giving the orderly a surprisingly strong handshake, made a bit painful by the Stanley Cup ring turned inward toward Lindy's palm?

Chills, just typing that.

6 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

Yeesh... I don't like that this post has has been resurrected.. Fair points as an officer of an organization receiving public money (Bills Stadium) there should be some disclosure as to her health. However, as someone who has suffered a brain attack and 4 years on still has a problem speaking, I have to respect  the family's desire to keep it private, whatever may have happened... I can't describe how frustrating it is try spit out words that your brain is telling you to do like you've been doing for the past 53 years and you're gulping for air and trying not to sound like an imbecile while being exhausted trying to say 6 words yet you can post on here like an Irish poet... Not that she has this problem, but I went to rehab for 2 years before it was determined it was the best it would be. I'm lucky that speech is my only major problem. Best wishes to Kim... time  is on your side

Prayers to you bro.

And I feel like “going thru a health scare” is plenty enough “disclosure” for the public. Any more and it’s bonus info that they choose to give.

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't follow the logic of this. The poster to whom you were responding was essentially saying KP's a private citizen who's entitled to the full benefit of privacy and confidentiality when it comes to her medical condition and history.And requests for thoughts and prayers from strangers are routinely made on behalf of such

I think I understand where he’s coming from.  

There is a weird dissonance regarding requests for concern and goodwill and then later requests for privacy and confidentiality.

• Like (+1) 2

When me or my family is going through something difficult, I think it's reasonable to give some limited information ('health scare', 'substance abuse problems', ' family issues') and also ask for prayers/thoughts without going into any detail on what is happening within the family. 

I don't see why the Pegula's should operate any differently. They are not elected officials, nor do they have public shareholders.  Sure, they own assets that are intimately tied to the public both financially and emotionally, but so far as I can tell Terry is still front and center in the public view (to the extent he ever is) and running the show, so let's just give Kim time to go through what she has to go through. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

There is a weird dissonance regarding requests for concern and goodwill and then later requests for privacy and confidentiality.

Perhaps initially, they thought she was possibly going to die. 

Whereas later they realize it's just going to be a long slog of rehab and don't want that struggle to be public, at least yet. 

Of course, I am conjecturing here. 

Managing communications to 'others', let alone to an interested public and media, is tough during times of familial stress.  Hard to know what to say to who. Maybe we cut them some slack in this case. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Sakman said:

Whereas later they realize it's just going to be a long slog of rehab and don't want that struggle to be public, at least yet. 

Managing communications to 'others', let alone to an interested public and media, is tough during times of familial stress.  Hard to know what to say to who. Maybe we cut them some slack in this case. 

That’s my only real contribution to the subject matter.  Maybe I am cold, but I don’t have the emotional budget to have more to say. I’ve got my own battles.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Sakman said:

People are overthinking this.

“We’d like to thank the Buffalo Bills and the Buffalo Sabres community for their outpouring of love and concern during this difficult time with Kim. Kim had suffered a stroke on X and she’s currently dealing with the challenges that came from that day. Rest assured, we are doing the best we can to get Kim healthy and back to doing the things that she loves. We are very grateful for the onebuffalo community and your support.“

This isn’t that hard.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

Yeesh... I don't like that this post has has been resurrected.. Fair points as an officer of an organization receiving public money (Bills Stadium) there should be some disclosure as to her health. However, as someone who has suffered a brain attack and 4 years on still has a problem speaking, I have to respect  the family's desire to keep it private, whatever may have happened... I can't describe how frustrating it is try spit out words that your brain is telling you to do like you've been doing for the past 53 years and you're gulping for air and trying not to sound like an imbecile while being exhausted trying to say 6 words yet you can post on here like an Irish poet... Not that she has this problem, but I went to rehab for 2 years before it was determined it was the best it would be. I'm lucky that speech is my only major problem. Best wishes to Kim... time  is on your side

What is a brain attack?

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I talked about this upthread and won't belabour it here. She's an owner of the Bills and Sabres - institutions of great public interest hereabouts. One of those teams was recently the beneficiary of a deal that will give them about $1.4B in public money. So, she's not just anyone. She's not a private citizen. As the people who support the teams and, perhaps moreover, help foot the bill (for the Bills), we're entitled to some information about how she's faring. More information than we have so far anyway. The question of timing is a murky one, I admit. I'm just wondering when more will be made known.

This gif made me chuckle - although I have no idea what it's meant to imply.

No, we aren't entitled to any information regarding her health. And even if you did get a full report, then what? What will you do with that information? How will that change anything?

• Like (+1) 1

I have wandered in and out of this thread three or five times today, with pithy comments, smart-ass comments, winning comments, whatever comments, which I have deleted.  I think all I have is, and it's for all of you...

FFS. 

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Tim Graham

Are we ever going to learn what’s up with Kim Pegula? Not asking you to divulge, but do you have any indication as to whether she will be in public again? Just curious and a bit sad. Sad to see Terry Pegula alone at games. — Steve F.

At some point, I believe the Pegulas will feel comfortable enough to share the recovery Kim has been going through. By all accounts she has been steadily improving.

The family has chosen to protect her privacy, which is understandable.

Fans and employees want to know how she’s doing, which also is understandable.

People feel they have a right to know Kim Pegula’s health information because she is a public figure. She is the co-owner and president of NFL and NHL franchises. The Pegulas are beneficiaries of $850 million in public money to build a new Bills stadium.

My stance on the issue is that as long as the teams are operating as they should in her absence, then her recovery and the timeline for her return is nobody’s business.

I’ve heard from several employees who feel they should be updated on Kim Pegula’s health, but how long would that information remain in-house? It would take three seconds to leak.

Bills sources tell me executive president and chief operating officer Ron Raccuia has absorbed Kim Pegula’s duties, has been working closely with Terry Pegula and is overseeing the various business department heads, while football operations hasn’t been affected at all.

The Bills through seven weeks have established themselves as the NFL’s best team. The stadium deal still isn’t finalized (all three negotiating parties have told me there’s nothing to be alarmed about), but Raccuia was the project’s point person all along.

The Sabres extended general manager Kevyn Adams and coach Don Granato before the season and are off to an impressive start.

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

From Tim Graham

My stance on the issue is that as long as the teams are operating as they should in her absence, then her recovery and the timeline for her return is nobody’s business.

Facile and revisionist. I wonder if he deleted his Tweets where he said he wouldn’t risk losing access (to senior PSE officers) in order to investigate the matter further.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.