Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

I hope the tennis media is able to remain respectful to the daughter during Wimbledon. All it takes is one idiot to ruin everything. I’m sure they’re fine actually, but I don’t know if their setup over there might allow for someone outside the tennis circles to get in and ask some stupid crap. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

I hope the tennis media is able to remain respectful to the daughter during Wimbledon. All it takes is one idiot to ruin everything. I’m sure they’re fine actually, but I don’t know if their setup over there might allow for someone outside the tennis circles to get in and ask some stupid crap. 

Well, almost no one is as respectful as an English sportswriter, right?

(Also, Jessie won her match today.)

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Does this mean Kim is out of the hospital and now in rehab?

Can I take this to mean ICU is no longer?

It's a good question. To me, the key word is "rehabilitating." You're not doing any rehab in an ICU, in my experience. If she's doing rehab, she's hopefully in a rehab facility (not a hospital) doing that rehab.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:27 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Really encouraging news.

+++

“She’s doing a lot better now. That’s why I’m here," Jessica said after the match. "If she wasn’t doing well, I probably wouldn’t have come. I flew out Wednesday last week, and within that time she was in a really good condition, where I felt like everything was fine, and I felt like my family had everything under control.

She’s progressing and she’s been doing rehab. I felt comfortable coming here. But that’s why I didn’t play any warmup tournaments.”

“I hope,” she said, “she got to watch me play today.”

Sounds like a stroke.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In reading Mike Florio's blog on Tom Brady's sudden - and fairly lengthy - absence from Bucs' camp (see below), I was reminded of the conversation had here about what's fair game when it comes to reportelage and the like. Nothing conclusive, and it's not apples-to-apples, but echoes of the conversation we had.

While I'm at it - I'm offering up another prayer for Kim Pegula's full recovery. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/12/bucs-bungled-tom-bradys-training-camp-hiatus/

The way it was handled invites curiosity. Which results in speculation. As the situation has been explained by the team, it can be anything from a scheduled family surgical procedure to a mid-camp vacation.

We don’t know what [the reason] is, because no one is getting specific about it. And that’s fair. It’s Brady’s right to keep his personal matters private. But it’s the job of those of us who track the comings and goings of NFL players to wonder whether it will impact his professional status.

Edited by That Aud Smell

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

We don’t know what [the reason] is, because no one is getting specific about it. And that’s fair. It’s Brady’s right to keep his personal matters private. But it’s the job of those of us who track the comings and goings of NFL players to wonder whether it will impact his professional status.

I'm sure there's much more to it if I were to read the whole thing, but I really don't care.  The essential message with your excerpt to me is "privacy be damned".  Yeah, I understand the whole public figure thing, but those people who are going to constantly demand information and pry for it, that's never going to be me.

Oh, and get well, Kim.  Never come back, Tom.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm sure there's much more to it if I were to read the whole thing, but I really don't care.  The essential message with your excerpt to me is "privacy be damned".  Yeah, I understand the whole public figure thing, but those people who are going to constantly demand information and pry for it, that's never going to be me.

I don't think that's a fair reading of the excerpt. It's more of a conundrum than it is a binary damning of privacy in favour of access to information.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Oh, and get well, Kim.  Never come back, Tom.

Bills fans shouldn't care about Brady anymore. They should feel like they have the next one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Hence the wimpy "feel like."

I don't think you can even feel like it until you see how Allen plays once his legs start declining. Generally most running QBs fall off a cliff performance wise after the legs are done. Allen has the cannon arm to hopefully counter this, but finding open targets gets harder once the run is no longer a threat.

If his pocket play is there even when he's no longer a major threat to run, then he'll hopefully have the longevity to start Brady comparisons. 

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I don't think you can even feel like it until you see how Allen plays once his legs start declining. Generally most running QBs fall off a cliff performance wise after the legs are done. Allen has the cannon arm to hopefully counter this, but finding open targets gets harder once the run is no longer a threat.

If his pocket play is there even when he's no longer a major threat to run, then he'll hopefully have the longevity to start Brady comparisons. 

Josh won't need to run at that point, just maneuver in the pocket.

1 hour ago, MBD said:

Josh won't need to run at that point, just maneuver in the pocket.

Hopefully. But in the year 2022, it still remains to be seen whether his vision and accuracy will be able to handle the tightened down defenses once running isn't really the same threat. It's still entirely possible he could go the way of Cam Newton, just as it's possible he could be the next Brady. Time will tell.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Hopefully. But in the year 2022, it still remains to be seen whether his vision and accuracy will be able to handle the tightened down defenses once running isn't really the same threat. It's still entirely possible he could go the way of Cam Newton, just as it's possible he could be the next Brady. Time will tell.

He'll be fine as long as the OL is good. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.