Kim Pegula suffered a Cardiac Arrest;Has residual Aphasia and Memory Issues

Brawndo

9 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Can we stop changing the topic and just talk about it plz

I liked the post but what's there to talk about? It's borderline out of place here.

Besides, they asked for privacy, so now let's talk about where she is and speculate about what's wrong with her?

IMHO this serves no purpose.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I liked the post but what's there to talk about? It's borderline out of place here.

Besides, they asked for privacy, so now let's talk about where she is and speculate about what's wrong with her?

The question of ownership is as fundamental an issue as we can have around here. It appears that one of the team’s owners - the younger of the 2 by a good measure - is in some sort of mortal danger. In terms of non-hockey matters, I’d be hard pressed to think of a more relevant topic for this board. 

I understand their desire for privacy. Unfortunately for the Pegulas, Kim is an important, leading public figure in WNY.  The matter of her health will therefore  be a topic of keen public interest.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, That Aud Smell said:

The question of ownership is as fundamental an issue as we can have around here. It appears that one of the team’s owners - the younger of the 2 by a good measure - is in some sort of mortal danger. In terms of non-hockey matters, I’d be hard pressed to think of a more relevant topic for this board. 

I understand their desire for privacy. Unfortunately for the Pegulas, Kim is an important, leading public figure in WNY.  The matter of her health will therefore  be a topic of keen public interest.

How is anyone here invading her privacy? Is someone here doing investigative reporting? Someone camped outside of the Boca Raton hospital? Is someone hounding Jessie?

2 hours ago, SDS said:

How is anyone here invading her privacy? Is someone here doing investigative reporting? Someone camped outside of the Boca Raton hospital? Is someone hounding Jessie?

We are giving oxygen to at least one leak of information that the family undoubtedly wanted kept private — that she’s in an ICU. So, we’re party to that.

As @PASabreFanis fond of noting: The Pegulas as owners essentially hold a beloved public institution in trust. So the question of whether one of them is in or out of the woods of ill health is going to generate incredible interest.

Edited: I originally said that we were "not" party to that. Woops. (Btw, where'd the strike through font go?)

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

We are giving oxygen to at least one leak of information that the family undoubtedly wanted kept private — that she’s in an ICU. So, we’re not party to that.

As @PASabreFanis fond of noting: The Pegulas as owners essentially hold a beloved public institution in trust. So the question of whether one of them is in or out of the woods of ill health is going to generate incredible interest.

Maybe it’s just semantics, but speculation seems different than invasion of privacy. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Bad choice of words on my part..  I meant “to wish her well”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I’ve been hounding Sidney on Twitter, no pun intended.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Boca Raton means Rat Mouth...

Who the hell names a place Rat Mouth, FL and why would you want to live there?? 😆

Boca Raton translates to Spanish literally as Mouse's Mouth. Its name was originally labeled in the first European maps of the area as "Boca de Ratones", and many people mistakenly translate the name in English as Rat's Mouth. Although incorrect (ratón means "mouse" in Spanish; "rat" is rata), this translation continues to be popularized by several residents and institutions in the city. For example, the tailgate area for football games at Florida Atlantic University is known as the "Rat's Mouth".[18]

"Boca", meaning mouth in Spanish, was a common term to describe an inlet on maps by sailors. The true meaning of the word "ratones" for the area is more uncertain. Some claim that the word "ratones" appears in old Spanish maritime dictionaries referring to "rugged rocks or stony ground on the bottom of some ports and coastal outlets, where the cables rub against."[19] Thus, one possible translation of "Boca Raton" is "rugged inlet".[20] Still other people claim that "ratones" referred to pirates who hid out in the area, and thus the name could translate to "pirates' inlet", which would illustrate why there is a pirate ship in the city seal.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Boca Raton translates to Spanish literally as Mouse's Mouth. Its name was originally labeled in the first European maps of the area as "Boca de Ratones", and many people mistakenly translate the name in English as Rat's Mouth. Although incorrect (ratón means "mouse" in Spanish; "rat" is rata), this translation continues to be popularized by several residents and institutions in the city. For example, the tailgate area for football games at Florida Atlantic University is known as the "Rat's Mouth".[18]

"Boca", meaning mouth in Spanish, was a common term to describe an inlet on maps by sailors. The true meaning of the word "ratones" for the area is more uncertain. Some claim that the word "ratones" appears in old Spanish maritime dictionaries referring to "rugged rocks or stony ground on the bottom of some ports and coastal outlets, where the cables rub against."[19] Thus, one possible translation of "Boca Raton" is "rugged inlet".[20] Still other people claim that "ratones" referred to pirates who hid out in the area, and thus the name could translate to "pirates' inlet", which would illustrate why there is a pirate ship in the city seal.

In a similar vein, anytime a Hispanic employee reports a rodent sighting, the dipshit supervisors always report a rat was spotted as the employee is saying raton.  Every. Damn. Time. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, inkman said:

In a similar vein, anytime a Hispanic employee reports a rodent sighting, the dipshit supervisors always report a rat was spotted as the employee is saying raton.  Every. Damn. Time. 

Supervisor just assumes it would be mouse-o.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Boca Raton means Rat Mouth...

Who the hell names a place Rat Mouth, FL and why would you want to live there?? 😆

Thanks for the levity.  It was both needed and appropriate. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

He is a local medical doctor that has some connections to local things going on in that realm. He also isn't the type of poster to say these things nonchalantly. 

He's earned our trust as far as I'm concerned 🙂

beyond question.

i'm just curious as to the source.

also: the extent to which certain posters are linked to inside information is something i retain almost no memory of.

except for @pi2000 - i always remember that he's got insider's juice.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.