Sabres Announce They Signed Filip Cederqvist to a 2 Year ELC

Brawndo

Know very little about him, other than he was having a good year. Didn’t realize he was that big.

Is he also known for his speed, or am I confusing that with Rousek and Konecny?

Looks like we could have some prospects in Rochester after all.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Know very little about him, other than he was having a good year. Didn’t realize he was that big.

Is he also known for his speed, or am I confusing that with Rousek and Konecny?

Looks like we could have some prospects in Rochester after all.

Actually if He doesn’t make the Sabres, His SHL Team would have control whether He goes to the AHL or back to Sweden 

EDIT Kris Baker just tweeted this 

He is signed with His SHL Team Through Next Year 

So what's his SHL contract status Mr. Baker?

Well I went and researched it.  Cederqvist signed a 2 year deal with Djurgardens in April 2021.  That would seem to indicate that he can't join Rochester until after next season.  

https://www.difhockey.se/article/h1toaknob-1lead/forwardstalangen-filip-cederqvist-till-djurgarden

The contract thus runs until 2023 and Djurgården sees a great opportunity for refinement in the talented forward.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Well I went and researched it.  Cederqvist signed a 1 year deal with Djurgardens in April 2021.  That would seem to indicate that he is now fully a Sabre asset and can be assigned to Rochester.

Elite Prospects has Him signed with Leksands IF through The 2022-23 Season 

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Scratch that 

Not sure how that works, but, cool.

Fairly certain the fears that there wouldn't be enough "development" players to stock Ra-cha-cha are appearing unfounded.  As expected.  (Not saying you were one that WAS worrying about that.)

43 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Well I went and researched it.  Cederqvist signed a 2 year deal with Djurgardens in April 2021.  That would seem to indicate that he can't join Rochester until after next season.  

https://www.difhockey.se/article/h1toaknob-1lead/forwardstalangen-filip-cederqvist-till-djurgarden

Djurgaredens was relegated from the Top Tier of SHL to the Second Tier and I believe when that happens the Teams existing contracts are cancelled. 

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Fairly certain the fears that there wouldn't be enough "development" players to stock Ra-cha-cha are appearing unfounded.  As expected.  (Not saying you were one that WAS worrying about that.)

I think we are all getting used to maybe finally having a competent Front Office 

• Like (+1) 7

Interesting. Rosen and Cederqvist were going to play together in Sweden this year, now might be Rochester. Forton in his interview wasn’t happy with Leksands for development which probably was a big factor in this.

Karmanos in his interview said they were having conversations that would determine backfilling the Amerks If Quinn and JJ move up.

Rosen, Kisakov, Cederqvist, Rousek, maybe Pilut, maybe Kozak

That would be a really nice group coming in (Rousek getting a regular season in)

Love that they are bringing the development in house where they can.

• Like (+1) 6

55 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think we are all getting used to maybe finally having a competent Front Office 

This year's goaltending plan says otherwise. Maybe they'll do better at it this year but until I see an actual NHL goaltending plan on the NHL team the front office can't be called competent no matter what else they do. 

You can build a helluva submarine, if you design in a screen door you aren't a competent naval architect no matter how good the rest of the boat is.

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Brawndo's post earlier said that the SHL team would control whether he goes to the AHL or back to Sweden.  To me, that fits with he "can play for the Amerks next year", the team just has to allow it.

3 hours ago, Contempt said:

This year's goaltending plan says otherwise. Maybe they'll do better at it this year but until I see an actual NHL goaltending plan on the NHL team the front office can't be called competent no matter what else they do. 

You can build a helluva submarine, if you design in a screen door you aren't a competent naval architect no matter how good the rest of the boat is.

Doing the right thing with players you have control over is competence.

Hoping a UFA signs with your team when offered a fair contract and doesn't, does not make a GM incompetent.

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Doing the right thing with players you have control over is competence.

Hoping a UFA signs with your team when offered a fair contract and doesn't, does not make a GM incompetent.

So how long can they go with no goalie and still be competent?

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Here's another point-of-view on this.  Apparently Djurgardens has been relegated from SHL, which opens the ability for him to play in AHL and NOT have to be returned... 

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/06/buffalo-sabres-sign-filip-cederqvist.html

Here's some more on the NHL-SHL transfer agreement.  The first paragraph after the bullets would be problematic to most teams.  Basically if you like a Swedish player then you better draft him in the first round, otherwise you won't see him until he's 24 unless he's ready to make the NHL team.  So players like Olofsson (7th) who spent a year+ in Rochester, won't be able to develop that way anymore.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/04/examining-a-key-change-in-the-nhls-transfer-agreement-with-sweden.html

The transfer agreements between various leagues are obviously complicated.  However, if Djurgardens is not in the SHL anymore, then these provisions don't apply to him, which is probably why GMKA chose to make the move and sign him. 

Edited by Cage

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.