THE 2022 FINAL: COLORADO AGAINST TAMPA

Eleven

12 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Refs unfortunately deciding this 1, just let them play. These are bush league penalties.

This cuts both ways. Not calling penalties is also inserting yourself into the game.

Theoretically, if we’re just letting them play, someone could just pick up the puck with their hands, skate to the other end of the ice and throw it into the goal. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

This cuts both ways. Not calling penalties is also inserting yourself into the game.

Theoretically, if we’re just letting them play, someone could just pick up the puck with their hands, skate to the other end of the ice and throw it into the goal. 

Really? You're better than this.

Heck of a game, couldn't ask for much more!

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Really? You're better than this.

Heck of a game, couldn't ask for much more!

Lol. What does that even mean? Your argument is a terrible one. Calling penalties has just as much effect as not calling penalties. 

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

This series has the 80’s Oilers vs Islanders feel to it. I could handle 7 of these games.

Agree, Avs speed agility and relentlessness v Bay's creativity and physical strength... 

Edited by North Buffalo

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Couldnt disagree more... stick between legs and ps not offsides Makar pulled back... just ref late on whistle

Makar was already going down before Cirelli got his stick near Makr's knees.  Makar lost his edge. Horrible call and directly lead to third goal. 

Look for Vasy to bounce back and play lights out in game 2.  By the time the series gets back to Colorado, Tampa will be up 3 games to 1.

I feel like Tampa took the Aves “A game” pretty well.  Got knocked down and fought back.  It’s all going to come down to Vasy and his ability to be the difference.  
The elevation aspect will be less impactful on Tampa for game two, and the warm temperatures slowing the ice will help them in this series. They’re the bigger team and they play better team defense.  The Aves talent edge is pretty undeniable, especially with how their D skates. 

I don’t have a feel for who will win the series, but I love this matchup.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Makar was already going down before Cirelli got his stick near Makr's knees.  Makar lost his edge. Horrible call and directly lead to third goal. 

Look for Vasy to bounce back and play lights out in game 2.  By the time the series gets back to Colorado, Tampa will be up 3 games to 1.

I'd have to look at it again but Makar pivots quickly and has a hell of lean... so a stick between the legs may look like he lost an edge

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.