THE 2022 FINAL: COLORADO AGAINST TAMPA

Eleven

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What!?!?

Blink-182 is seriously underrated.  

Sorry - I didn't mean to damn with faint praise. It's a perfectly decent pop (pop punk) song. My point was just that analyzing goal songs, etc. to death when the team stinks is futile. When the team is good, there will be songs sung and those songs will live forever.

• Thanks (+1) 1

The puck goes into the net in OT last night, and no one can figure out where the puck is.  How can a net be designed  where the puck can get stuck under a support bar.  While I am at it, get all that huge technology crap out of the net.  Once again, stop making it difficult for those in attendance and watching at home to see the puck go into the net.  

It is 2022.  Am I supposed to believe that a camera(s) can't be placed inside the goalpost/crossbar?  They find a way in the NFL to place one inside the goal line pylons.  Okay...I am off my soapbox.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The puck goes into the net in OT last night, and no one can figure out where the puck is.  How can a net be designed  where the puck can get stuck under a support bar.  While I am at it, get all that huge technology crap out of the net.  Once again, stop making it difficult for those in attendance and watching at home to see the puck go into the net.  

It is 2022.  Am I supposed to believe that a camera(s) can't be placed inside the goalpost/crossbar?  They find a way in the NFL to place one inside the goal line pylons.  Okay...I am off my soapbox.

Stamkos knew where it was, which is why he tried to sweep it out of there well after the whistle.  Didn't work.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, SDS said:

How so?

Because ***** Tampa.

In the past few seasons, they have benefitted from so many bs calls and non-calls that they can go cry to mama.

We saw them injure two of our players in one season. No penalty either time (thankfully, one of them was subsequently suspended.)

If too many men is a reviewable play, then yes, they got it wrong and I love to see that they finally got screwed,… but I don’t think it’s reviewable play and the refs just missed it and I’m glad to see them get screwed.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

Because ***** Tampa.

In the past few seasons, they have benefitted from so many bs calls and non-calls that they can go cry to mama.

We saw them injure two of our players in one season. No penalty either time (thankfully, one of them was subsequently suspended.)

If too many men is a reviewable play, then yes, they got it wrong and I love to see that they finally got screwed,… but I don’t think it’s reviewable play and the refs just missed it and I’m glad to see them get screwed.

Too many men is not reviewable.  (No data on whether that will be the case in '22-'23.  Most rule making is reactionary and the league hates being embarrassed.  No idea why they continue to do embarrassing things w/ that being the case.)

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

All the pressure is on Colorado I see this team choking tonight 

Do you even watch hockey? 

The ice had been garbage the last 2 games, Colorado even mentioned as much, and I'm sure Tampa used that to their advantage. Colorado is gonna come out flying and it's over tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The ice had been garbage the last 2 games, Colorado even mentioned as much, and I'm sure Tampa used that to their advantage. Colorado is gonna come out flying and it's over tonight. 

Yeah I'm gonna trust the team with the experience that have won the past 2 Stanley cups.

You can quote my post tonight when Tampa Bay wins

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Tampa is out of gas.

The Rockies can sense blood in the water.

Tampa will be swarmed tonight.

MacKinnon !!

😎

Will score the cup clincher in a 4 - 0 romp.  The last 2 will be ENers.

I think this is right. Old lungs, thin air.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah I'm gonna trust the team with the experience that have won the past 2 Stanley cups.

You can quote my post tonight when Tampa Bay wins

Good luck with your wife when you have to tell her there will be no vacation this August.

Edited by SwampD
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Dallas did this with malice aforethought in 1999 against Buffalo and in 2000 against New Jersey because of the age and speed disadvantage they had from a long series.

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The temp in Denver is currently 88. How much better can their ice possibly be than Tampa?

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The temp in Denver is currently 88. How much better can their ice possibly be than Tampa?

88 vs 105 is a huge difference. Plus the elevation helps with the ice surface. Not to mention humidity levels are a world of difference. 

The crew will have the ice as best as possible for the style that the home team plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.