THE 2022 FINAL: COLORADO AGAINST TAMPA

Eleven

I can honestly say it just looks like TB has finally ran out of gas; the sheer number of games they've played over the past 3 years has finally caught up to them. Couple that with Point being out, Cernak going out and Cirelli playing one handed and you have a recipe for disaster. That being said, I highly doubt Game 5 will be anything easy. 

Avalanche dominated OT...TB basically looked thrilled to even get the puck in the Avalanche zone

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

WTF was that ref looking at? He skated over to the net, saw the puck resting inside it, and never gave a good goal signal. 

I have no idea...at first I thought Vasilevsky had it the way he was laying down like he was squeezing the puck against him not knowing where it was.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

WTF was that ref looking at? He skated over to the net, saw the puck resting inside it, and never gave a good goal signal. 

Cooper claiming it was too many men on the ice. Maybe there was some uncertainty there and refs wanted to check with each other idk. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/lightnings-cooper-says-avalanches-ot-winner-shouldnt-have-counted/

Even Kadri mentioned ice sucked... its been slowing them down... I get it... during summer at the rink i rarely need to sharpen my skates when the ice is soft... puck tends to stick more to ice and snow build up tends not to slide... you have to be harder on the puck... big advantage for Tampa, yet Avs figuring it out and young legs late in the game took over... Tampa gonna have a hard time in Colorado unless there is a heat wave causing similar conditions.

50 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Could get ugly with the wife lol.

But I trust the lighting to come back 

They seem more banged up than the Avs, they have blocked tons of shots and paid a physical price to make plays. I never count out Vasilevskiy  but the Avs will bust their butts to close this out in front of a rowdy crowd. The altitude will also be tough on the Bolts, gasping for air now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Go, Avs.

This tradition they have there now is proof positive that -- the quality of the song doesn't really matter -- if the team is successful, practically any song can become the crowd's hype anthem.

What!?!?

Blink-182 is seriously underrated.  

The games are good. The series is/was close.  This is a very good matchup and I have it on the TV and am watching a lot of it. But, it just isn't holding my interest for some reason.

I think I am further sliding into that 'Sabres fan' and not an 'NHL fan' thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.