Am I the only one nervous about Ryan Miller?

LabattBlue

His last stint with the Sabres(in 03-04) was "meltdown like" and I was very disappointed by the abrubt exit the Amerks had in the playoffs last year. I didn't see the games and I don't know how much of the losses were attributed to Miller, but it was a downer.

Hopefully, this is all in his past and he can become a #1 NHL goaltender.

GO SABRES!!!!!!

Guest Kristian
His last stint with the Sabres(in 03-04) was "meltdown like" and I was very disappointed by the abrubt exit the Amerks had in the playoffs last year.

I hear ya, but all I can say is that I feel safer with Miller, than I would if Biron was in goal.

BTW, do we know for a fact that Miller is starting tonight? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the smiling disaster got the start.

I hear ya, but all I can say is that I feel safer with Miller, than I would if Biron was in goal.

We agree on Biron. He had his chance as a starter for 3 years and proved he is nothing more than a mediocre #1, who if Miller plays well, will end up being an overpaid #2....Biron that is.

PS I have not heard anything on Miller starting tonight.

Now is as good time as ever to throw him in there and see what he's made of. No sense in playing him sporadically and ruining him, at least in the short term, like they did Mika. He's gotta grow and get experience and this year I think is the best time to do that.

Yep, one sh*tty goal and I'm ready to cut him! <_<

That was a freak bounce on Zhitnik's dumper. When you see the replay, that puck was heading wide of the net, then changed direction suddenly. It's just one of those goals. They happen. Miller didn't misplay it. If anything, he kept his cool and didn't let it rattle him.

PTR

Yep, one sh*tty goal and I'm ready to cut him! <_<

That was a freak bounce on Zhitnik's dumper. When you see the replay, that puck was heading wide of the net, then changed direction suddenly. It's just one of those goals. They happen. Miller didn't misplay it. If anything, he kept his cool and didn't let it rattle him.

PTR

Yea it could have been much much worse... like ALOT worse... i thought after that one went it in it was gonna break him and we were goin to overtime or were gonna blow it but he shook it off, cept the 4th goal and kept playing but what was important was that the team in front of him was there to support him through and through... he'll learn from his mistakes... im sure the likes of brodeur and roy have had bouncers like that too...

I'd be more worried right now if that bad bounce had gotten into Miller's head and he was shaky the rest of the night.

Personally, I was more concerned with some of the fat rebounds that Miller was giving up like the one that led to the 1st Isles goal.

He needs to control his rebounds better than that if he's going to remain the #1 guy.

I'd be more worried right now if that bad bounce had gotten into Miller's head and he was shaky the rest of the night.

Personally, I was more concerned with some of the fat rebounds that Miller was giving up like the one that led to the 1st Isles goal.

He needs to control his rebounds better than that if he's going to remain the #1 guy.

i think he's capable... and yea i did notice the massive rebounds... part of that is his fault and the other is the defenses responsibility to get to it and clear it before the opposition can get to it.

Archived