Jump to content

Sabres Development Camp July 13-17


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Weave said:

One last chance to try and recruit Johnson and Portillo.

Portillo and Levi need to attend Tre' White's Goalie Academy when they are here.

Josh and Tre' need to clue them into the city!

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be a really fun camp.  I will be very interesting to see how the guys fare against the NHL guys like Krebs, Samuelsson, Power, JJP and Quinn, as well the very experienced prospects like Johnson and Weissbach.   

I'm really curious how Rosen compares to Savoie,  Östlund and Kulich and to see Lindgren.  I have a feeling he'll be one of good camp surprises.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Should be a really fun camp.  I will be very interesting to see how the guys fare against the NHL guys like Krebs, Samuelsson, Power, JJP and Quinn, as well the very experienced prospects like Johnson and Weissbach.   

I'm really curious how Rosen compares to Savoie,  Östlund and Kulich and to see Lindgren.  I have a feeling he'll be one of good camp surprises.  

Rosen is actually the one that will be most interesting to see where he's at IMHO.

Quinn & Peterka will be NHLers this year & Power already is.  He's the one 1st rounder that isn't necessarily like the others but still could be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Rosen is actually the one that will be most interesting to see where he's at IMHO.

Quinn & Peterka will be NHLers this year & Power already is.  He's the one 1st rounder that isn't necessarily like the others but still could be.

Rosen is or Power?

If Rosen, I think the SHL was a level above him and that if he had played in the Allsvenskan all year, we would have a better feel for what he is. I also think NA ice will be better in some ways once he gets adjusted to the physicality although, that means he needs to add 25lbs of muscle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rosen is or Power?

If Rosen, I think the SHL was a level above him and that if he had played in the Allsvenskan all year, we would have a better feel for what he is. I also think NA ice will be better in some ways once he gets adjusted to the physicality although, that means he needs to add 25lbs of muscle.

Rosen.  We have a good handle on what the other 3 are and what they might be. 

Because Rosen was too small at this point of his maturation to be consistently successful when playing against adults he's still much more of a question mark. 

And the other 3 will all be NHLers at some point this year.  He likely won't.  Which is why he's unlike the other 3 though he very well could be there & playing comparably as well once he finally matures into it.  Or he could bust as well.  Hope not.

But it'll be good to see direct apples to apples comparison for him & that is the one this guy most wants to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buffalonill said:

When is this at the start of free agency..

Tomorrow.

Quote

The market to sign free agents in 2022 begins on Wednesday, July 13, at noon ET.Players that are unrestricted free agents (UFAs) cannot begin meeting and talking with teams until that date and time.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/nhl-free-agency-start-2022-key-dates-latest-news-rumors/bjhdybra8hjr8s4hvi43ufxe#:~:text=The market to sign free,until that date and time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So  adams is going to Focus on both.

Don't like that 

Both what? Free agency and Dev Camp? No he will focus on UFA and dev camp will be the domain of the head of amateur scouting and the coaches.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adams will probably be at the Development Camp, but not in a seat. He'll likely be in the upper part of the box with the built in table with his phone and laptop for the duration of the on ice part of the camp tomorrow. Or in theory, he could have one of the scouts set up a livestream for him so he can watch from his office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Yes.  All sessions free except for 3 on 3 tourney at end of camp. 

To be honest the main reason the 3v3 Tourney isn't free is due to its popularity. (Obviously the money doesn't hurt) I remember the year it was free and how utterly chaotic it was inside the building. But the bigger issue was the elevator was a nightmare for anyone who legitimately needed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

To be honest the main reason the 3v3 Tourney isn't free is due to its popularity. (Obviously the money doesn't hurt) I remember the year it was free and how utterly chaotic it was inside the building. But the bigger issue was the elevator was a nightmare for anyone who legitimately needed it.

I will probably go to dev camp 1 or 2 days, and then in addition to a few days of training camp, a couple of the prospect tourney games in September. 
 

No interest in the 3 on 3. 

Edited by LabattBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who has attended many Development Camps I can say the Final day scrimmages/mini tournaments are the day to go to.

The first couple days are skating drills, small area skill drills and so on. The excitement wears off quickly.

Adams is missing nothing if he is not there the first day. Adams isn’t doing all the work either. Karmanos, Ventura etc will all be involved. They will probably be multitasking anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Brawndo said:

 

No Kisakov 

I'm most interested in who wins "best vampire name" between Joel Ratkovic Berndtsson and William Von Barkenow Lofberg.  Lofberg has to be the front runner in that contest.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

As someone who has attended many Development Camps I can say the Final day scrimmages/mini tournaments are the day to go to.

The first couple days are skating drills, small area skill drills and so on. The excitement wears off quickly.

Adams is missing nothing if he is not there the first day. Adams isn’t doing all the work either. Karmanos, Ventura etc will all be involved. They will probably be multitasking anyways.

And the 3v3 tourney will be livestreamed on the Sabres website.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...