Sabres Development Camp July 13-17

Brawndo

Would it by cynical for me to think that KA brought in the big goalie from Minn-Duluth as Portillo insurance? I thought the kid, who apparently is coming back from an injury, looked really solid at the camp. I would ‘t be surprised if they signed him after next season, especially if Portillo bolts. 

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Would it by cynical for me to think that KA brought in the big goalie from Minn-Duluth as Portillo insurance? I thought the kid, who apparently is coming back from an injury, looked really solid at the camp. I would ‘t be surprised if they signed him after next season, especially if Portillo bolts. 

Suppose it's possible but would be surprised if it happened.  Figure it'd be like people predicting the Sabres would make a play on Strauss Mann.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Suppose it's possible but would be surprised if it happened.  Figure it'd be like people predicting the Sabres would make a play on Strauss Mann.

It was a reasonable thought.  He played at Michigan so the Sabres had probably scouted him, he played well in the SHL, the Olympics and WC and the Sabres were desperate for any live body to play goal.  SJ signed him instead. 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It was a reasonable thought.  He played at Michigan so the Sabres had probably scouted him, he played well in the SHL, the Olympics and WC and the Sabres were desperate for any live body to play goal.  SJ signed him instead. 

There was a reasonableness to it.  But people were predicting the Sabres would try to grab him as an UFA after he graduated, which considering the Sabres held the rights to Levi & Porillo plus, at least publicly & likely actually, were still high on UPL all of which made it IMHO unreasonable.

And if Comrie is anywhere close to a competent starter doubt Stejskal would see the Sabres as a good fit (presuming he plays at a much higher level than it appears he has to date which would be requisite to get any NHL squad interested).  Given his trajectory so far, expect he'll play out his college eligibility & either play overseas like Mann or on an AHL deal before anybody offers him an NHL shot.

Edited by Taro T
Fixing horrid sentence structure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.