Sabres Development Camp July 13-17

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Our newest goalie draft pick wasn't great by all accounts. Lots of rebounds.

Levi and Portillo were excellent from everything I've read. 

What I have learned over my years of Development Camp is never judge a goalie on their first camp after they are drafted. They always look lost that initial year. Not expecting much from the Finnish kid this week. Glad to see Levi and Portillo looked good.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

The most important question of D Camp today: did anyone spot Lindgren’s mom?😁

Oh my

FXKYAyoWQAg-fZ-.jpg

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

So hard to dislike Cozens.

Stuff like this and he'll end up with a C on his sweater.

Edited by Doohickie
Will the year Lindgren comes up to the big club be the year they start the annual Mother-Son road trip?
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

What I have learned over my years of Development Camp is never judge a goalie on their first camp after they are drafted. They always look lost that initial year. Not expecting much from the Finnish kid this week. Glad to see Levi and Portillo looked good.

What I have learned over my years of doing draft and prospect stuff, never take a goalie early because there are always good goalies late.

Interesting to see Lindgren actually, his skating and shot were noticeable in drills. I think he slid and shouldn't have so could job by the scouting department to have he rated highly.

56 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Looks like his sister Gabriella is an aspiring tennis pro too, and yes "oh my"!

image.thumb.png.2306559b2a753a8d664422b9b7e63e56.png

Jesse Pegula's future doubles partner?

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What I have learned over my years of doing draft and prospect stuff, never take a goalie early because there are always good goalies late.

Interesting to see Lindgren actually, his skating and shot were noticeable in drills. I think he slid and shouldn't have so could job by the scouting department to have he rated highly.

I had him 59th on my consensus board and he his average ranking was 59.  I was shocked he slipped so far.  I had Neuchev at 67.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Captain-in-waiting addresses the young guys.

Nobody deserves to be a part of a winner more than KO himself.  Sadly I think he ages out before this team is a legit contender (assuming that happens).   Still really want it for him (and us). 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Nobody deserves to be a part of a winner more than KO himself.  Sadly I think he ages out before this team is a legit contender (assuming that happens).   Still really want it for him (and us). 

Maybe not a cup favorite but I think we are contending for a playoff spot by next year. This year isn't impossible.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Dude, I was commenting on his mom.  While reading about his family I seen his sister is wanting to be a tennis pro.

I can see you spout off before you know what the facts are.  

Then drop in a picture of his mom, not a 15 year old girl.

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe not a cup favorite but I think we are contending for a playoff spot by next year. This year isn't impossible.

Playoff bubble will indeed be possible, and incredibly welcome this year and probably next.  It's the step after that...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.