NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

Right now I like having 2 possible Fiala in our system with Quinn and Peterka.  

To be honest I would love to see playoffs like the rest of you, but I don't mind waiting and letting kids grow another year.

Next offseason sign Kane + Mackinnon and plan parade for next 3 years 😛  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

For the record, that actually happened to me in Darcy’s first year.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Nice story.  But did you ever have the team president call you asking you to not give up your seasons & answer your questions for 20+ minutes?  😉

33 minutes ago, tom webster said:

***** Taro, always one upping me😜

Yeah? I was once in the office space below the seats where Adelphia used to house some IT staff. 🙂

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

What favor was KA calling in from any team? He openly said for a year what he expected in a return for Jack. He wanted a medium aged veteran player who could play right away and still be in his prime, a high end prospect and a bevy of draft picks that included a first round pick. With the exception of getting a number of high picks back he met the expectations of what a Jack deal required. He wasn't doing anyone a favor or expected another franchise to do him a favor. It basically came down to each team computing what is the best deal they can get and what is in their respective franchise's best interest. Altruism and favoritism have nothing to do with getting a deal done.  

No he called in a favor from Weekes

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

To be honest I would love to see playoffs like the rest of you, but I don't mind waiting and letting kids grow another year.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522be42c4f3c443a71a

11 hours ago, inkman said:

We’ve officially reached ‘the Sabres should sign or trade for every good young player that no team would ever move’ szn 

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9522be42c4f3c443a71a

The posts write themselves 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Frank Servalli mentioned in a radio hit yesterday, He could see the Devils trading MacKenzie Blackwood to Toronto for Jack Campbell’s Rights 

I would love to have the Leafs roll out Blackwood and Mrazek to start the year.

I hope the Sabres get a shot at signing Campbell, he is one of the goalies that I think KA would like.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Looks like another great year coming up . 

Kuemper is the big UFA goalie prize this off-season. He was pretty average, at best, in the playoffs, but whoever gets him is getting a true top 10 NHL goalie in my view.

After Kuemper, the next big 3 are Husso, Fleury and Campbell. Husso was awful two years ago. Fleury was objectively bad last year and Campbell had a good 1st half to last season and a poor 2nd half. It will not be shocking if Reimer is as good or better than any of Campbell, Husso and Fleury this coming season. The Sabres could and likely will do worse than James Reimer. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Archie Lee said:

Kuemper is the big UFA goalie prize this off-season. He was pretty average, at best, in the playoffs, but whoever gets him is getting a true top 10 NHL goalie in my view.

After Kuemper, the next big 3 are Husso, Fleury and Campbell. Husso was awful two years ago. Fleury was objectively bad last year and Campbell had a good 1st half to last season and a poor 2nd half. It will not be shocking if Reimer is as good or better than any of Campbell, Husso and Fleury this coming season. The Sabres could and likely will do worse than James Reimer. 

Jack Campbell might cash in as he was a highly touted guy when drafted and finally put all things together to have a good season for the Leafs last season. I personally don't want him but feel some team could try to get him. 

• Like (+1) 1

Friedman says Ryan McDonough is on the market as the Lightning try to negotiate the cap.

Still a warrior. 3 years left at $6.7. He’s 33. Left shot.

Good buddies with our coach, Dan Girardi.

Interest? Under what circumstances?

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Friedman says Ryan McDonough is on the market as the Lightning try to negotiate the cap.

He looked run down in the playoffs. A shell of what he looked like in 2021.  I would have to pass.   

Edited by Porous Five Hole

44 minutes ago, dudacek said:

His biggest issue would be he’s under contract 3 years. At 2 years I’d say go get ‘‘em on the cheap. 

While he did look run down in the Playoffs, most of Tampa did as a whole. 

In this case I’d want payment to take him

My question would be, can he bounce back from his 42 CF% (granted he played 35-65 in zone time) and 38 CF% in the playoffs (30-70 in the postseason)

He definitely has the Cup experience this team desperately needs with 4 Cup runs and 2 Cup Rings. Issue is that Tampa is rather barren of assets; they have nothing much still in the holster.

Nevermind, he’s under contract 4 more years.

Edited by thewookie1
4x6.75mil

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.