NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

Gibson is not the “top 10 goalie worth multiple picks and prospects” that some make him out to be.

And he is not the washed-up overpaid piece of excrement others seem to think.

He’s a high-risk, high-reward, jaded 28-year-old talent who needs a fresh start. I have more faith in his talent than virtually all the other goalies on the market. The issue is his contract and his motivation.

Personally, I’d rather pay him 6.4 for 5 years than Jack Campbell or Ville Husso $5 million over the same term.

They key on Gibson is finding the sweet spot on the acquisition price. For me, something like Portillo and a 2nd seems to be ballpark.

Edited by dudacek

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Gibson is not the “top 10 goalie worth multiple picks and prospects” that some make him out to be.

He’s a high-risk, high-reward, jaded 28-year-old talent who needs a fresh start. I have more faith in his talent than virtually all the other goalies on the market. The issue is his contract and his motivation.

Personally, I’d rather pay him 6.4 for 5 years than Jack Campbell or Ville Husso $5 million over the same term.

They key on Gibson is finding the sweet spot on the acquisition price. For me, something like Portillo and a 2nd seems to be ballpark.

Id say he's closer to the latter than the former sadly. In large part due to his contract.

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If you think so.  I am unwilling to gamble on his contract for that long.

The only way I would consider this is if Mike Bales was certain he could fix Gibson.  For your suggested trade, I would insist on at least a 2nd coming our way, not going their way.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think you were likely joking about Eichel, but I'll just say anyway that I'd be shocked if Cam Neely signed off on letting Pastrnak go in favor of bringing in Eichel.

I also expect the Bruins to keep Pastrnak and that if Bergeron comes back, they will be in the playoffs again.  And I don't think Bergeron will play anywhere other than Boston.

I was joking about Eichel, hence the smiley face.  Totally agree on Bergeron, and I think he has said that himself. He might be waiting to see if they bring back Krejci, sign Pasternak, and who the new coach is now before deciding. 

I will say this about Eichel though. In 2026, assuming the Bruins are not a basement team, I fully expect him to go to Boston as a free agent. I'd even bet on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

Please no more undersized forwards........ I do not care how many points he potted.

Not arguing your point, but are we still undersized? I mean we aren't a rugged team, and I'd like to get stronger. But I think we've taken some steps away from being a team that gets pushed around.

Guys like Cozens and Mitts aren't small. Skinner is fire hydrant, Okposo is a brick, Girgs is a train.

And our two best forwards average like 6'5, 220 pounds — that's pretty rare.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:14 PM, dudacek said:

Any uncertainty surrounding motivation eliminates him from any consideration imo. Last thing we need is another head case between the pipes. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.