NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

What’s this guys story?  Is he any good?

He made his North American debut last season in 42 games with the WHL’s Tri-City Americans but didn't get picked in the draft. Probably because theres not too much tape on him as previously he played in the Czech Republic second division and youth leagues. He really impressed people at the 2022 summer WJC with his performance in the QF upset win vs. the United States. He stopped 28 out of 30 shots, some of which incredible stops and was named player of the game. He won player of the game award twice at the summer WJC. 

However, Suchanek is 2023 draft eligible, but can skip it if he signs before the season starts. If he's unsigned when the season starts he will be back in the draft next june.

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Taro T said:

Adams set up the situation himself.  HE offered Ullmark less than he was willing to spend & Ullmark said he'd accept it if nobody else topped it.  The Bruins topped it w/ what apparently Adams was actually willing to go to.  That Linus said they offered me this 1st, top it & we've got a deal (provided Boston doesn't re-top it) doesn't seem to be an ultimatum.

I think there's room for "This is the best offer we can make" and "Oh crap, we *have* to match this even though it doesn't make sense". And "we're not going to add even more to an offer we don't think makes sense".

19 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Why are we still talking about Ullmark?  Who cares.

The most liked post on a page shouldn’t be the “Shut up, because I don’t care about this discussion” post. 

19 hours ago, Doohickie said:

whatever blah blah blah

Thank you.

Scintillating 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Anyways @Taro TI was enjoying the balanced back and forth over coffee before it was deemed any viewpoint not wholly in support of the acumen of the GM was useless. 

Sorry if I puked on the thread.  It just seemed to be a discussion that recurs with some regularity but it's also an unanswerable question because no one really knows what was discussed behind closed doors.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per the After Le Whistle Twitter Account the Sabres have inquired about Jason Robertson 

What would people be willing to give up for him:

-2023 Top 10 protected 1st

-Olofsson would probably have to be involved

-ideally prospects like Rosen or Portillo or Johnson but what if they ask for Quinn or Peterka or Kulich or Levi?

Robertson would be a big get bit it would hurt to acquire him.

Just now, tom webster said:

A friend of mine told me Hockeybuzz reported that Buffalo was considering an offer sheet for him. More then likely this is a story told enough times that people are starting to believe it. I’d be surprised, but not shocked to hear Buffalo has talked to Dallas.

What ‘ranges’ could we offer sheet?

34 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What would people be willing to give up for him:

-2023 Top 10 protected 1st

-Olofsson would probably have to be involved

-ideally prospects like Rosen or Portillo or Johnson but what if they ask for Quinn or Peterka or Kulich or Levi?

Robertson would be a big get bit it would hurt to acquire him.

They have to ask for one of the first round picks from last year, probably Kulich as he’s most NHL ready.  Also will be asking for one of Quinn, Peterka, Krebs.  Probably a first round pick or two as well.  

Fiala as a trade is about as even as you can get.   Forward RFA that can not be signed by his team due to cap restrictions.

Fiala got traded for Brock Faber and a 2022 19th overal pick !!

Send them Östlund and top 10 protected first rounder.  <-- and I like Östlund a lot.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I wouldn’t do that. Cozens could be better then Robertson in a year, JJ is going to be a good one. Not worth it in my eyes

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Cozens to me is untouchable and I won't trade an unprotected 1st so this idea is likely mute in my opinion.

Like I said in my original post, that was their speculation not mine. There will be a lot of ideas thrown around that people will hate and I don't know what it would cost but you have to give to get. You're not getting that kind of talent without it hurting.

Of course I'd look into it, but without knowing many details, I'd say its isn't something I am going to pursue all that hard.

If the issue in Dallas is a contract issue, that means he is, in some way, looking for something Dallas isn't willing to give.  They already HAVE him, they don't have to give anything up for him and they are still reluctant to give/pay what he wants. The question for any other team is, do you want to trade the assets needed to get him and then pay him what is likely 'not to be' a bargain contract?  Again, I'd look into it but I wouldn't push that hard for someone who scored over 40 goals 1 time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.