NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

Any deal would have to include an extension for Tkatchuk and the Sabres are not in a position to give up the assets necessary to make the deal as they are not one player away. 

Add that they already have a Winger making 9 million AAV, it puts them in a difficult spot. 

That being said, even as winger, Tkatchuk is a play driving monster with great defensive metrics.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I'm leary of his family trying to control too much also

Matt has outperformed him so far but I like Brady more. I think it’s because he has signed long term with the team that drafted him, he wanted to grow with the team, has taken a leadership position and is a big presence in the community.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Matt has outperformed him so far but I like Brady more. I think it’s because he has signed long term with the team that drafted him, he wanted to grow with the team, has taken a leadership position and is a big presence in the community.

Which is a testament to him and complete opposite from whats been reported regarding his family and their desires to have them playing close to home.

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well now it's official and Matt will not sign an extension with the Flames so get ready for the trade rumors. 

Wonder what sort of cap gymnastics the Swamp Cats would have to jump through to add him to their mix.  Hopefully too many.  Prefer to keep him out west.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wonder what sort of cap gymnastics the Swamp Cats would have to jump through to add him to their mix.  Hopefully too many.  Prefer to keep him out west.

They're already over the cap.  I'd imagine Reinhart would be included. I think Nashville is the favorite out of that list. They have the cap space and some piees that are easy to move 

48 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Well now it's official and Matt will not sign an extension with the Flames so get ready for the trade rumors. 

As many of stated on Twitter so far...St. Louis was a favorite because his father played there.  Other than that, all the teams listed are teams with no state tax so he can maximize how much he makes.  No Colorado. No Toronto, No Carolina.  No Rangers.  Surprised Tampa isn't on the list.  So its not a 'guarantee' that money is all he cares about, but there sure is a lot of circumstantial evidence that money is #1 by far, and everything else is distant.  Not the kind of guy I'd want the Sabres in on, so if this list is accurate, good.

• Agree 4

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

As many of stated on Twitter so far...St. Louis was a favorite because his father played there.  Other than that, all the teams listed are teams with no state tax so he can maximize how much he makes.  No Colorado. No Toronto, No Carolina.  No Rangers.  Surprised Tampa isn't on the list.  So its not a 'guarantee' that money is all he cares about, but there sure is a lot of circumstantial evidence that money is #1 by far, and everything else is distant.  Not the kind of guy I'd want the Sabres in on, so if this list is accurate, good.

Tampa not being on the list isn't a surprise.  With so many NMCs that team would tear itself apart to fit him.  Can't see them being interested at this point.  After the cap goes up in 2 or 3 years, sure, but right now it'd be tough & they've been in 3 consecutive finals.  They like their group IMHO.

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Nailed it.

Eichel to Calgary for MT?  Who says no?

Is the answer Eichel?  😉

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Tampa not being on the list isn't a surprise.  With so many NMCs that team would tear itself apart to fit him.  Can't see them being interested at this point.  After the cap goes up in 2 or 3 years, sure, but right now it'd be tough & they've been in 3 consecutive finals.  They like their group IMHO.

Is the answer Eichel?  😉

Did his ntc transfer? Cause if he waived it once it voids it unless the new team agrees to put it back in there. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Did his ntc transfer? Cause if he waived it once it voids it unless the new team agrees to put it back in there. 

I’m not even sure if it still works like that, but regardless, he was traded to Vegas before the NTC kicked in.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Any deal would have to include an extension for Tkatchuk and the Sabres are not in a position to give up the assets necessary to make the deal as they are not one player away. 

Add that they already have a Winger making 9 million AAV, it puts them in a difficult spot. 

That being said, even as winger, Tkatchuk is a play driving monster with great defensive metrics.

Also a cancer and Jack eichel attitude 

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

On the pressure on Canadian teams -- I think it's analogous to the pressure on NFL teams here, which is much higher than the pressure on US NHL teams.

As for heaven on earth -- I was referring to Banff, Lake Louise and that surrounding area, which spills over into BC (as I'm sure you know).  I haven't been to Vancouver or the BC coast, but I hear great things about it.

My understanding is that Calgary has grown quite a bit over the last dozen years or so.  We stayed in a downtown area that had a pretty nice pedestrian area with a bunch of outdoor restaurants and cafes -- so not NYC, LA, Miami or Toronto, and I understand that young, wealthy athletes often want that kind of scene, but it was still pretty nice IMHO.

Banff, yes, absolutely. been there many times. The entire park area that runs along the border of the two provinces is spectacular. 

Calgary has grown but it's mostly all suburban sprawl. There's really very little to do there, especially in the winter. I think I know the pedestrian area you're talking about and it's pretty much the only one. maybe I'm too hard on it, but it's just nothing close to what Vancouver is. Thinking of his brother, Ottawa's a much nicer city too. 

If you had to rank Canadian cities with hockey teams for desirable living it would be 1. Vancouver, 2. Toronto, 3. Montreal, 4. Ottawa 5. Calgary 6. Edmonton 7. Winnipeg.  Unless you were French, then you might want Montreal first and Ottawa second. Toronto arguably has more culture and activities/events than Vancouver, but the climate, scenery and proximity to the mountains and such puts Vancouver on top imo. 

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

That bit of nasty combined with the size we already have in guys like Tuch and Thompson is a super enticing combo to me 

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Also a cancer and Jack eichel attitude 

Didn’t seem to hurt the Flames last year 

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

That bit of nasty combined with the size we already have in guys like Tuch and Thompson is a super enticing combo to me 

Same for me.  I would trade a couple good prospects and a 1st for him, in a vacuum.  In the Sabres situation I’m not sure that having $19M committed to two wingers for the next several years would be a good idea.

45 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Unless they were a team with the talent to go all the way, or at least closer than they actually did get.

31 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Unless they were a team with the talent to go all the way, or at least closer than they actually did get.

I mean ya, that’s possible. I’d have to prove a negative to argue against it so, I won’t try. 

From all available evidence though, I feel reasonably confident in my choice of guessing that Tkachuk provided positive value to his team, rather than negative. 

28 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I mean ya, that’s possible. I’d have to prove a negative to argue against it so, I won’t try. 

From all available evidence though, I feel reasonably confident in my choice of guessing that Tkachuk provided positive value to his team, rather than negative. 

Many probably thought the Sabres were better with Eichel and would’ve been even worse without him…. 

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Rough couple of months for Flames fans. Get their teeth kicked in in the Battle of Alberta, watch Gaudreau sign with CBJ, of all places, and now this.

Cringe Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Could say the same thing when jack got his points its actions on and off the ice.

Buffalo doesn't need that 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.