NHL Trade Rumors and Speculation 2022-23

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Man, Fiala would be a super exciting add.

681E700B-198F-420D-BAC2-B26447BAC34E.thumb.png.1f3d839a0df4457841c2be470e3acdc8.png

closest comp. would be Kaprizov here.

This little nugget: “As expected, Fiala and Kaprizov are the only two Wild forwards above the league average in both shots and primary shot assists per 60. For some comparison, players with similar numbers to Fiala include Mikko Rantanen, Filip Forsberg, Kyle Connor, and William Nylander. The Wild create very little offense in terms of pure volume without either Fiala or Kaprizov on the ice.”

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/wild/fiala-is-showing-hes-an-elite-offensive-creator/

Will keep my fingers crossed.

So you want to tim murray this up ? 

You can kiss jack quinn good bye to start 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It’s a good point. 

Fiala:

5th season post-draft: 0.37 points per game (7 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.84 points per game (54 points)

Thompson:

5th season post-draft: 0.37 points per game (14 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.87 points per game (68 points)

Olofsson:

5th season post-draft: 0.67 points per game* (4 points)

6th season post-draft: 0.78 points per game (42 points)

*VO only played six games that season 

Mittelstadt:

5th season post-draft: 0.48 points per game (19 points)

6th season post-draft: Choose your own adventure

KA has repeatedly stated that he would rather error on being patient with his young players and prospects than expend assets for outside talent. My sense is that he expects Mitts and Cozens to take the leap forward, as did Tage last season. 

As everyone knows the Sabres need goalie help. Even here I don't see the young GM giving up any significant assets, such as Quinn or JJ, to get a deal worked out. As I see it, if a deal is made for a goalie or even a defenseman, it will not be for a player/s that erode our young talent base. 

You and I have long agreed on our willingness to be more aggressive in adding talent to this emerging roster. I just don't see the GM exhibiting much boldness to accelerate the rebuilding process. He believes in the internal build model and has the patience to follow through on that model. 

I think the Sabres have a greater chance of being a cap facilitating 3rd party in a Fiala trade than an actual fit for Fiala.

I think the presence of Jeff Skinner probably precludes the acquisition of an expensive scoring winger.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I will always firmly believe that was Adams calling in a favor and using some gamesmanship to get Vegas to give us Krebs. Each year he seems to learn about the GM position more and that is certainly a positive.

Totally agree.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Do you have any evidence that Buffalo was not interested?

Because Fiala was traded to the Kings, do you just assume that the Kings were the only interested team?

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

Do you have any evidence that Buffalo was not interested?

Because Fiala was traded to the Kings, do you just assume that the Kings were the only interested team?

Until I hear adams or someone from the organization that we were interested im not going to believe anyone else. 

15 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Until I hear adams or someone from the organization that we were interested im not going to believe anyone else. 

You do realize they are not allowed to comment on anyone under contract with another team, correct?

I have found in the past that if you send a fax( are people still doing that) the general manager may come to your seats in the arena and explain himself, but even than they are usually vague.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I will always firmly believe that was Adams calling in a favor and using some gamesmanship to get Vegas to give us Krebs. Each year he seems to learn about the GM position more and that is certainly a positive.

What favor was KA calling in from any team? He openly said for a year what he expected in a return for Jack. He wanted a medium aged veteran player who could play right away and still be in his prime, a high end prospect and a bevy of draft picks that included a first round pick. With the exception of getting a number of high picks back he met the expectations of what a Jack deal required. He wasn't doing anyone a favor or expected another franchise to do him a favor. It basically came down to each team computing what is the best deal they can get and what is in their respective franchise's best interest. Altruism and favoritism have nothing to do with getting a deal done.  

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

You do realize they are not allowed to comment on anyone under contract with another team, correct?

I have found in the past that if you send a fax( are people still doing that) the general manager may come to your seats in the arena and explain himself, but even than they are usually vague.

For the record, that actually happened to me in Darcy’s first year.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, tom webster said:

For the record, that actually happened to me in Darcy’s first year.

Nice story.  But did you ever have the team president call you asking you to not give up your seasons & answer your questions for 20+ minutes?  😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.